The Final Act (Sequel to The Bygone Terror)

So I got a couple of requests from a few people to publish the next part of my Shadow x Sticks story. Idk if any of the characters are a bit too OOC so please let me know if you think that's the case. Thank you, and don't forget to review!

A Shadicks Story (Part 5)

Later that night

"How is it coming along?" Eggman asked as he and Barker stood in front of the covered train car. A savage snarl followed by the sound of claws scraping against the floor of the cage echoed loudly as Shadow struggled to fight the effects of what was slipped into his drink. The wolf sneered.

"More perfectly than I could ever imagine. Thank you, doctor, for your generosity."

"Of course! I look forward to his performance tonight."

With Sonic and co. that night

"I can't believe we actually got tickets to this," Amy stated, "You would think that stingy old wolf would have some sort of trap set against us."

"Yeah, weird," Sonic half-heartedly agreed. His attention was more focused on the large plate of chilidogs he had ordered, as they took their seats on the bleachers.

Tails rolled his eyes, "Unbelievable. We're trying to do a rescue op, and you're more worried about the food."

"Hey, not every villain serves chilidogs. Give me some credit. Besides, Shadow doesn't need much help in this department. We just have to give him the right moment."

"He's got a point," Knuckles echoed, swiping one of said chilidogs from Sonic's plate.

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen!" Barker's voice echoed across the open field. All eyes turned to the raised stage in the center of the field. Barker appeared in a puff of smoke, already earning the applause of some, as he announced "Tonight, I bring you some of the finest acts in all of Bygone!"

The show began like a normal circus. Trapeze acts. Lion tamers. Fire breathers. Everything anyone could ever hope to see at a circus, and soon Sonic and his friends were drawn into the show, becoming just another part of the audience. They would cheer or marvel at the bizarre acts and laugh whenever the clowns appeared. After two hours of enjoying the extravaganza, Barker returned to the center stage, and this time, everyone was eager to see what he had up his sleeve.

"Ladies and gentlemen, for our final act this evening, I will present to you the most dangerous creature to ever be found on the island," he began dramatically, and gasps filled the area, "But be assured that all protective measures have been taken," he continued, "Tonight, you will see a creature unlike anything ever known. It is fast. It is ruthless. It is deadly. It is the very definition of a living nightmare."

A large portion of the center stage opened up, and a cage covered with a large tarp rose out of the hole. Once it settled, Barker hit the cage with his cane, and a ravenous snarl echoed from within, making the crowd release frightened gasps. The wolf sneered as he grabbed a fistful of the tarp.

"I present to you...the Bygone Terror!" he exclaimed and pulled off the covering.

Sonic choked on his soda in shock. There, pacing and growling the cage, was a form he recognized but not as his rival. Shadow's body had grown to twice his normal height if he stood, but he seemed content on all fours. His black fur was longer and thicker, and his vibrant red stripes appeared more to be streaks of blood. His tail had grown longer and furrier, and his white chest fur ran down his entire underbelly and bottom of his tail. His snout was more wolflike, as well as his ears, and sharp yellow fangs could be seen whenever he opened his mouth in a snarl. Sonic thought all he would have to do was give Shadow an opening to break free, but it was obvious things were a lot more difficult.