Chapter Eleven

"Skee ball?" Bokuto asked with a bit of over excitement in his voice.
"Let's do it!"

You took the lead and walked to the stretch of the series of machines.
You took an end one as you didn't want to be in the middle with everyone, and Bokuto took the one next to you.

"Let's see who can get the most tickets?" Bokuto wiggled his eyebrows.

You nodded. "You're on."

The two of you inserted your coins at the same time and started to play.
You kept scoring in the 100 point, and never failed to throw a perfect ball.

Bokuto was audibly groaning as he either missed a target, or scored the low 10 pointer.

As you tossed your last ball you landed it again, in the 100 point.
You looked down to see the tickets start pouring out of your machine.
Once they were done, you picked them up and folded them more neatly.
You looked over to Bokuto who held up one ticket.
He had a very sad look on his face.

You couldn't help it.
You smiled to him.
You thought it was cute that he was pouting about having one ticket.

Bokuto stopped pouting when he noticed you smile.
He never saw your smile before and even though it was a closed mouth smile. He was happy that he was reason for it.

"What now?" You asked.

Bokuto looked around and noticed the basketball machine was free.
"How about some free throws?" He winked.

He lead you to the single machine and put in a token for himself.
"Watch and learn!" He smirked as he started to throw the balls into the hoop.
...
...
...
...
...
...
"What am I supposed to be learning? How not to play?" You snickered.

Bokuto deflated as he turned to you, he had missed every ball he threw.
"The games rigged." He pouted.

"No you're just a volleyball player.. Not a basketball player.."

He looked past your shoulder as he saw the two car racing games open.

You turned around to see what he was gawking at.

Bokuto looked to you with a smile but then his smiled disappeared fast as he remembered something.

You sighed.
"I can play it, I don't drive with my left foot.."

A small smile came across his face and he started to walk towards the racing game machines.
You both threw in a token and started.

It was a close game actually, but Bokuto ended up winning by a hair, leaving you in second place.
You looked down to see both of your guy's tickets pouring out of the machine.

You both played a few more games, which resulted in you winning each game he challenged you with.

You were deciding on where to do next when you heard Bokuto's stomach growl.
You raised an eyebrow to him.
"Hungry?"

His face flushed. "I was hoping you wouldn't hear that.. But yes, let's cash out yeah?"

You nodded and started walking towards the prize table.
You emptied your pockets that had all your nicely folded tickets.
Bokuto doing the same but his tickets were all scrunched up and torn.
You laughed to yourself at how you both are like polar opposites.

As you waited behind a boy and his mom, you overheard that he didn't have enough tickets for the stuffed animal he was eyeing.

You looked down at your tickets and notice that you'd probably have enough and then some.
You noticed Bokuto hearing the same conversation and watched you take a step forward.
He followed your lead.

"Um excuse me? Sorry but I over heard about not having enough tickets.. Well I'd like to give you mine." You handed well over 200 tickets to the little boy.

"Take mine too little man, and with these all together, you can get the bigger stuffed animal up there."Bokuto pointed.

The little boy looked like he was about to burst into tears.
"Ah thank you so so so much!"

"Yes thank you. You two are very kind." The mother smiled.

You nodded and started towards the door, with Bokuto following behind you.

"That was nice thing you did there." He said.

You nodded. "I didn't really want anything anyways.. Might as well make a kids day."

Bokuto was behind you with a giant smile on his face.
He never knew that you'd be so kind.
From what he's seen, you seemed like a cold person.
When in fact, you wore your heart on your sleeve but was hurt too many times to care.

He knew that now.
He knew that you had walls and he made it his goal, to knock them down.

Bokuto jogged to open the car door for you and you thanked him.
As he ran to the other side, you yourself was hiding another smile.

You felt happy knowing you made some kids day.

Bokuto started to drive.
"Is barbeque okay? I'm taking you to my favorite place!"

You nodded. "Okay."

He gave you a quick smile as he kept his eyes on the road.
He could start to feel that he was indeed breaking through those walls.
He could hear it in your tone of your voice, the way you were sitting in the car relaxed.

You were starting to get comfortable with him.