Chapter Forty Two

It's been a week since the training camp and needless to say, you had a lot of fun.
You didn't regret going to surprise Bokuto, you were happy to go.
You loved that you met others from Nekoma as well as seeing Bokuto really play against another school.
Practice was getting more intense and more frequent with nationals coming up.

Currently you were babysitting Katie while your uncle was at work.
As much as you hated the idea that this was 'Kathy's' child, she was also still your uncles.

You were looking through your phone when an ad for a music store popped up on your phone.
You decided to check out their store and were surprised that it was just a few blocks away from where you were right now.

The memory of playing guitar washed over you again.
It's been a very long time since you picked up that instrument and suddenly had the urge to play all of a sudden.

You checked the time and realized that the store would probably close in less than an hour. The thought made you sad as you probably wouldn't make it in time with taking the train and not to mention that Katie would probably fuss which only would cause more of a problem.

As if someone was watching over you, you heard a knock at the door and went to answer it to see none other than Akaashi and Bokuto.
You smiled to them as you welcomed them inside your home.

You also currently were holding Katie in your arms since you had her on your lap just moments before they showed up.

Bokuto smiled and took Katie from your arms.
"Awe hello baby Katieeee." He cooed. The sight itself made you smile.

"Hello Y/n-san, how are you?" Akaashi asked.

"I'm well..hey um actually I have a favor to ask of you." You smirked.
He raised an eyebrow at you, while Bokuto stopped what he was doing to listen in on the conversation.

"Could you give me a ride to a music store? It's not that far."

Akaashi smiled. "Sure..but I don't have a car seat for-"

"I'll stay here with her!" Bokuto chimed.

You gave him a smile and shook your head. "You know what, nevermind.."

"Awe come on, I can take care of her!"

You and Akaashi both looked at eachother then back to Bokuto.
"I don't know-"

"Hey I'm great with kids! We'll be fine!" He smiled.

You took a moment to think. Was this really a good idea?

"Don't you trust me?" Bokuto pouted.

"It's not that I don't trust you Kou..It's just..she's still a baby..and you don't have any experience with babysitting a baby..."

Bokuto stuck his bottom lip out to you and made a puppy whine.
In his head, he wanted to prove to you how good he was with children so that in the future when you decide to have children, you'd have nothing to worry about.

You looked over to Akaashi to get his opinion and all he did was nod.
"Well if Akaashi thinks you'll be fine, then okay. But call me if there's anything wrong!"

Bokuto nodded his head to you and waved you out of the house.
"Go, have fun!"

You rolled your eyes as you reached for your wallet by the door and headed into Akaashi's car.

****

"I didn't know you could play?"

You smiled out the window as the two of you were on your way back from the music store. To your pleasure, you both had just made it before they closed, and they gave you a deal on strings since you bought one of their more expensive guitars.

"I used to play a long time ago..but I dropped it."

"Why's that? If I may ask."

"You're gonna laugh when I tell you."

"I promise I won't."

You sighed. "Because back in middle school, Amika wanted to play guitar and I couldn't play if she wanted to..I know a mess and ridiculous but when she broke my guitar, I knew she was serious..."

Akaashi let out a chuckle.

"Oi! You said you wouldn't laugh!"

"Sorry, sorry. But you have to admit..she's crazy."

"Crazy isn't even a good enough word for her.."

You continued to make small talk with Akaashi on the way home, constantly checking your phone for any notifications from Bokuto. But there was none.
Should you be worried, or grateful?

Akaashi helped bring the guitar inside as you took the lead and opened the door.
You stopped in your track when you saw what was in front of you.
"What..The-"

"You don't like it?" Bokuto pouted.

In front of you was Katie all dolled up with many pink tails in her hair, all different colours of hair elastics and even Bokuto joined in and put many in his hair too. He looked ridiculous.
"Why? Just.." You took a minute to laugh. "Why?"

Bokuto shrugged. "She was crying and I didn't know what to do, so put these things in my hair that I found in your room and well..it worked. Then I couldn't resist with putting some in her hair! Now we match!"

You looked over to Akaashi who was trying to hold in his laughter at the whole thing. He was no help.

"Oh wait? Is that a guitar?" Bokuto asked as he walked over to you.
You took Katie out of his arms as Bokuto reached for the guitar.

Akaashi handed it over to him and he laid it down on the ground. "Can I open it?"

"Go for it."

Bokuto slowly opened it like the case was made of glass and lifted out a (Fav Colour) guitar.
"Woah this is so cool! I really like the colour."

"Thanks, it was the only one in it, I couldn't resist."

"Play for me?" Bokuto asked.

You in a deep breath. "Let me go put Katie down first."

"I'm gonna head out anyways, I'll see you guys later." Akaashi said as he walked out the door.

"Thanks again Akaashi!" You yelled to him, to which he waved, letting you know that he heard you.

After you were done putting Katie down, you went back into the living room where Bokuto was, holding the guitar in his hands.
He looked up at you and smiled.

"I have to tune it first." You said as you took it away from him.

"Can you write me a song?" Bokuto asked suddenly.

"Write you a song?" You chuckled.

"Yeah!" He smiled brightly.

"Maybe..But I'm a bit rusty..so don't laugh."

He shook his head frantically. "I would never laugh at you."