Chapter Thirty Nine

"Woah did you aim that? That was an amazing block." Kuroo said to Hinta who just finished landing a spike that with three blockers, not to mention three very tall blockers.

"I mean..I just aimed for the tip of Lev's hand.." Hinata said like it was no big deal.

"Nice job Hinata!" You clapped.

He shot you a thumbs up.

Lev, Kuroo, Hinata, Akaashi and Bokuto continued their three on three as you sat on the ground with the help from Bokuto of course. You were just watching them practice while also texting Suga occasionally.

"I think you're ready!" Bokuto smiled as he crossed his arms.

Akaashi had walked over to you and took a seat next to you as you both watched the owl and crow talk.
Apparently Bokuto was going to teach Hinata a cool move and you couldn't help but smile.

"I think Kou found a student." You said to Akaashi.

He nodded and looked over to you. "I kinda saw it coming, they're the same in some ways."

You agreed with a hum and continued to watch your soulmate teach the first year, smiling to yourself as you watched them both fall more in love with volleyball.

"Thank you for earlier." 

"Huh?"

"Bokuto-san was in a bad mood and you helped bring him back, you did even better than I expected, usually we have to continue playing while he mopes around the court, then once he gets antsy wanting the ball again, then he's back on his feet."

You smiled. "I have quite the soulmate."

"Indeed."

"Akaashi-kun? Do you wish that you had a soulmate?"

Akaashi took a small breath. "I do believe that I still have a soulmate out there for me, just won't come easy like those with marks. But I do believe that when I find the perfect person, It'll be just like those who have marks..if that makes sense."

You nodded. "It does..I hope you find that special someone, if anyone deserves it, it's you."

He smiled. "Thank you Y/n-san, that means a lot to me."

You gave him a small nod and looked back over to Bokuto and Hinata.

"I heard you met his parents." Akaashi said breaking the small silence.

You let a sigh out of your nose. "Yeah..It didn't go well."

"I heard, I'm sorry. I know they can be a bit judgy and such."

You chuckled. "Judgy doesn't even describe it."

Akaashi hummed. "You know, I'll be happy once he graduates and is able to get away form them, He doesn't deserve that kind of treatment."

"Especially from his own parents, yeah I agree."

"What about you?"

"I'm sorry?" You gave him a confused look.

"What are you doing after high school?"

A small smiled came across your face. "I keep getting that question..but I really don't know."

"You could always take a year off and go, you know get a job to save up some money or something?"

"True, maybe I'll purposely fail and have to do this year again."

Akaashi chuckled. "Don't do that."

You hummed. "It's quite tempting, but I know that I'll never hear the end of it from my uncle."