𝟎𝟏𝟓

"So how are you prepping baby sis?"

I shrugged my shoulders and scratched the back of my head, school had really been the last thing on my mind lately and I wasn't really thrilled with myself for being so negligent. "Great actually,"

"I plan on going there a week or two early to check out all the apartme—"

"Hell no." He shook his head vigorously. "No apartments til you're a sophomore."

"I literally am a sophomo—"

"You know what I mean, you're living on campus til your second year in college."

"You said it yourself that your first year would've been less stressful if you lived off campus—"

"Aight and? I have no regrets and I doubt you will too."

"I'd really appreciate it if you'd let me finish my sentences instead of cutting me off everytime I try to speak." I put a finger up and pulled a face. "And you know I can literally rent the apartment myself right? You don't have to pay a dime."

He nodded. "I'm well aware, as well as proud but still, word doesn't move around as fast when you're off campus, and im not having you live and mingle with the wrong people and be blindsided by it, adjust to it for a year then you can even live alone if you want." My brother knew I was too much of a wimp to live on my own, and that this was the first time I was ever going to actually be sleeping in this house all by myself while he was gone.

Reward would pay his friends to spend nights at the house so that I'd feel more secure, but this year I vowed to at least get through half of it by myself. "We both know that's never gonna happen."

"I know." He smiled in satisfaction. "That's why I—huh?" He turned around in question. A deep tone murmured something that I was barely able to make out, and my brother nods. "Well I've got to go Denise."

I huffed. "Alright Damien, love you"

"Love you too, take care of yourself."

"I will. You too."

I closed my laptop and let out another sigh. I felt very stressed even though there wasn't really anything for me to stress about, I assumed that these weeks adding up to me going to school were going to be filled up with anticipation more than anything but, Tallahassee hadn't been on my mind in a minute.

I had a masseuse to come over and give me a massage but I had to reschedule because Charmaine's dumbass got us our first mainstream interview with adam22 and she thought it'd be a great idea if we went bowling to saver the good vibes for tomorrow.

After taking an evening shower and wearing my outfit, I locked the door to the house and made my way to my car, mainly because I severely hated driving, I never really had a problem with lending the girls my car and by the girls I meant Char, she could afford a more expensive car but her father gave her his cherry red vintage pickup for her birthday last year and he wrote an incredibly moving speech about how much of a good luck charm it was to him and didn't think anything would have more value in his life before she was born.