𝟎𝟏𝟏

"So where do you wanna eat, Jahseh?" She buckled her seatbelt, and shifted in her seat to look at me directly

I hated it when she did that.

I shrugged, her eyes had a calm and innocent look but I could sense the intense motive behind them. "Doesn't really matter."

"Well there's this vegan food place in LA that everyone's been having in their mouths for a while now." She said in a suggestive tone.

I nodded, my mind being too clogged up, but just being too pussy to start up the conversation first. "I'm not against it."

"Good." She started her car and sped out of the parking lot without saying another word.

A little over twenty minutes later, Unique and I were walking side by side and sit outside the restaurant, I mentally facepalmed once I realized I would have to sit directly opposite her, knowing damn well if I shifted my chair and sat beside her I'd seem like some kind of wuss and creep her out.

The waitress greeted us as soon as we took seats with a bright smile on her face and handed us our menus, I stiffly shook my head and didn't take the menu from her hands.

Unique sent me a look of sympathy and confusion, but didn't say anything to me. "I guess it'll just be me ordering then." Unique reciprocated her energy.

"Tofu and Edamame?" I repeated what she ordered on her salad, just to make sure I heard her correctly.

She chuckled softly, nodding her head. "You haven't tried it before? You should get a plate, it's real good and healthy." She informed me, but I shook my head.

In under about five minutes a different waitress had placed her bowl of salad directly in front of her.

"So now," She started off, courteously covering her mouth as she chewed. "Tell me how volunteering went."

I shrugged, not really being able to gather it all to the point where I could say it without sounding like an idiot. She rolled her eyes, a soft smile still visible on her lips though. "You know I shouldn't have to initiate every single conversation we have."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I literally initiated our first deep conversation." I pointed out.

"Yeah." She picked at her Salad. "After about six months of holding everything in. Everyone around you is just so used to you having your guard up to the point where they don't even bother trying." She went into her regular lecture, Reward for some reason always found extreme pride in. Her voice was soft and warm, which did help in being able to hold my attention and actually process what she was saying.

"It's not that easy though." I frowned. "Each time I talk about how I feel inside to people, they either tell me to shut up or tell me to suck it up." I tell her, I couldn't stare into her eyes with the same intensity she used to stare into mine, so I just stared at her nose ring.