𝟎𝟑𝟎

"Make sure you pull the arrow as far back as you can

"Make sure you pull the arrow as far back as you can." The instructors did their job, whilst they hollered corrections at no one in particular, but it all felt directed towards me precisely as they passed by, gradually examining how everyone was holding their bow and arrow as they lunged their arrow for the target unceasingly. I tried but I was unable to get a strong enough grip to pull it back far enough.

"I'm trying." I spoke in a stressed mummer. Everyone had hit the bullseye at least once apart from me, and I was over it to say the least, I wanted to just walk off the field to the loft and lie there in shame, my lanky weak arms and lack of a regular workout routine already helped me determine my fate. It made no sense for me to stand under the hot sun and try as hard as everyone else if I wasn't even going to be able to hit the target.

"Hey," I heard someone say in a low tone to the left of me, realizing he was one of the instructors, I lazily let my hands fall to my side, tired of putting up the front that I was persevering to hit the target when in reality, I couldn't care less.

"Hey." I replied with a slight pout.

He was really cute. "Having trouble?" I laughed and shook my head.

"I'm not really built for this typa shit, you know?" I sighed placing the hand that held the bow on my hip, the irritating feeling of beads of sweat dance on my scalp before it dragged down my neck made me want to scream, but the last thing I wanted these girls to see was a spoilt brat having a temper tantrum cause shit wasn't going her way.

"No one's built for this typa shit," He chuckled, I don't know why but he seemed very familiar, like the kind of face that I had seen in a distance and stared at for too long, causing us to lock eyes breifly, but that couldn't be the case because I had never been the type to stare at strangers.

"Well I specifically wasn't built for this." I correct myself and he laughed a little louder, his laugh was deep and hearty.

"Well what were you built for?" He asked intrigued.

"Maintaining my beauty and watering plants." I retorted with a sassy head tilt, I found most of my confidence layed within my intelligence and willingness to understand others, but that didn't equate to me lacking security in my appearance.

He nodded, eyeing me down subtly. "Well at second glance I can tell you do that very well."

"You haven't seen me water plants before." I joked.

A smug smile came onto his lips and he squinted his eyes as he glanced up at the sun. "As a plant parent, I know my people when I see them."

An unintentional gasp left my lips at his words. "You being forreal?" He nodded, a proud smile on his face, I wouldn't consider myself to be a socialite, so it wasn't that surprising that I rarely came across people my age I shared any interests with when I rarely came across people my age period. But I couldn't mask the excitement I felt.