𝟎𝟎𝟑

The dramatic effect of the lights dimming down as I progressed down the hallway made the walk to Jahseh's room scarier than I assumed it would be.

Now ion know if they did that just to scare me, but it sure as hell was working.

I turned the door knob cautiously as I walked in, it was pretty hard to make out anything in his room, due to the fact that he had blue lights instead of the pure white one like every other regular person. I took a deep breath and slowly turned my back to close the door.

"What are you doing here?"

His clear cold tone caught me off guard, causing me to softly gasp in fright and clutch onto my tank top while I let out short breaths to steady my heart.

"You always stand behind your door and wait for someone to open it?" I said slowly, trying to calm my mind down, still frightened. "Goddamn."

"What are you doing here?" He repeated, his eyes wandered all corners of my face, making me feel uncomfortable, resulting in me letting out a nervous laugh. "Your mom said you needed someone to talk to." I answered simply.

He scoffed and marched to the corner of his room aggressively and climbed out the window, leaving me to stand in his room alone.

"You wanna go on the roof or you tryna sit within these four walls?" He peeked through the window after what seemed like a lifetime of staring at the demonic looking shadows left printed on the walls that extended to the ceiling by the items in his room. With slight hesitation, I followed him. I mean at least if his ass tried to pull sum typa shit I'd able to push him off the roof.

"So how you wanna do this?" I scratched the back of my head still feeling strongly uncomfortable around him, I didn't think that would ever change back then. "You want it to be sum typa back and forth so you can gradually become comfortable?"

He shook his head. "Nah. I just want someone who'll listen to me."

From the few glances we had snuck at each others direction whenever he came to my house to hang out with Reward, he was either emotionless or too hyped, and most of the times he was hyped was after him and everybody else got high off some kind of drug in our living room.

"And not that nod and pretend that you feel my hurt type shit, even if you can't relate, at least open your mind wide enough to see shit from a perspective that isn't your own." He said tight-lipped as if trying his best to control the mass of his voice.

"Start whenever you want to." I softly say, resting my chin on my right knee.

"Never had any type of male figure in my life to set an example for the man I was apparently supposed to grow up to become." He had started off, while he cracked his knuckles.

"I mentally promised myself that I wasn't going to have kids 'cuz I knew my ass was nowhere near capable taking care of something so perplexing as a child, and or try to build something as delicate as a family."

I chuckled softly. "You making it sound like procreating is a death sentence." He shook his head firmly looking off into the distance of the city, one of the best times to appreciate the sky was at definitely during the night.

"Shit's way scarier than that."

"My momma used to hang on my ass everyday talking about sum 'when you become a father you bet not be like your daddy.' or 'The way you take care of your family will tell others how strong you are as a person'?"