∟ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

in your head
part two

ANNA'S BREATH HITCHED in her throat as she stared into Thawne's eyes while his hand tightened around her throat. Tears began to form in her eyes as fear took over her body, her blood running cold. She felt as though she couldn't move and had been cemented to the bed, but she could feel lightning coursing through her veins and begging her to move.

          Never in a million years did she think her mind would conjure up Eobard Thawne to use against herself. Then again, there were two parts of her fighting for different things; one wanted to wake up, the other didn't — the part of her who wanted to wake up came up with Thawne to scare her awake and the part who wanted to move into the light conjured up her mother and uncle.

          "Having a hard time, are you?" Thawne asked, his deep and familiar, menacing voice making Anna's heart race. Everything felt all too real even though she was living in her own head which meant, somehow, for some reason, she was creating this all on her own. She knew what it was like to have Thawne's hand wrapped around her throat, squeezing the air from her, and she remembered how scared of him she was but, in her head, the pain and fear were amplified and she wasn't just scared — she was petrified.

          "How are you here?" Anna managed to croak out between short, jagged breaths that sounded more like wheezes to her ears. Thawne's grip grew tighter and it felt like Anna's throat was about to collapse in on itself from the pressure and kill her. A tear slipped down her cheek and she let out a gasp as Thawne's grip continued to get tighter and tighter, her eyelids growing heavy. She closed her eyes, her head falling to the side as her eyes rolled back.

          A hand swatted across Anna's face after Thawne had removed his hand her throat. Anna inhaled deeply and opened her eyes, her hand flying to her cheek as it stung from the impact of the leather-clad hand. Anna blinked at Thawne, wondering why he was so violent in her head when she knew how he truly felt about her from the video she had watched after he was erased from existence; Thawne cared about her even though would never truly believe it.

          "No sleeping," a new voice spoke up, causing Anna's head to snap to the right. Her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach and she immediately crawled off the left side of the bed, shaking her head quickly as Zoom walked toward her, his face hidden behind the black mask that still haunted her dreams some nights. "Did you miss me?"

          Anna's bottom lip quivered and more tears slipped out of her eyes, coating her cheeks with water. A sob inched its way up her throat, scratching at her from the inside. "Get the hell out of my head!" She screamed, her voice falling apart as it echoed through the room again. She tightened her hands in fists and furrowed her brows, dropping to her knees as a sob escaped her lips. Anna screwed her eyes together tightly, blanketing herself in darkness because it felt safer than seeing the masked faces of the two men who had ruined her. She knew it was all in her head but she desperately wanted to wake up even though she was sure that she would be in pain. Anna cried loudly and sank down onto her butt, her eyes remaining shut because she was too afraid to open them and face whatever lied beyond her eyelids.

          A sharp pain shot through her chest and she gasped heavily and opened her eyes, clutching at her chest. Anna looked down and watched as her arms and legs began to fade, becoming slightly dull and transparent. Goosebumps crawled over her skin and she stood up quickly, stretching out her arms in front of her and looked at her hands or, more like, through them. When she lifted her head, she was standing outside with two identical S.T.A.R Labs buildings in front of her; the one on the left, though, was lighter in colour and seemed to have a slight glow to it around the edges like it represented heaven and peace. The other, on the other hand, was dull and dim and was surrounded by grey clouds about the top and seemed like it represented hell, or something close to it. "What the hell is happening?" She asked herself out loud, her voice wavering and echoing slightly.