∟ 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞.

the final showdown

this is going to be a
very long chapter and
i truly apologize.

have snacks nearby.
this is the end.

THE TWO WOMEN ran through the corridors of S.T.A.R Labs in a blur of red and blue lightning, casting light over some of the walls, while other walls were darkened by shadows that danced across the concrete, mimicking the moves their creators' made.

          Anna darted into the Cortex as fast as she could, the sudden acceleration sending a gust of wind through the room that sent papers and other desktop things scattering across the floor. The brunette quickly changed into her suit and pressed her mask over her eyes before turning to make an escape from the round room.

          Alacrity, who was now standing right in front of her, slammed her glowing red fist against Anna's abdomen, knocking her back a few pegs and sending her crashing against a desk. "You just had to make time to get flashy, huh?" She asked and grabbed a fistful of Anna's dark hair, pulling her head up off the desk. Alacrity leaned down close, her lips hovering just a couple inches above Anna's ear. "The flashy suit doesn't hide the insecurities inside you, Anna. And it certainly won't hide your bruised, beaten, bloodied body once I'm done with you." Alacrity tightened her grip on Anna's hair and slammed the side of her face against the desk, causing the blue speedster to cry out in pain. "One bruise and counting."

          Anna planted her palms against the desk and pushed her with all her might, fighting against Alacrity's strength. She gritted her teeth and exhaled a noise, somewhere between a grunt and a scream. Anna reached back and grabbed Alacrity's arm tightly before running backwards as fast as she could. When Anna brought up solid, she knew Alacrity's back had slammed against the wall, especially from the loud groan that escaped her opponent's lips. As soon as Alacrity released Anna's hair, she turned and twisted Alacrity's arm until her shoulder was angled in such it looked like it was about to pop out of place. "Enough with the hair-pulling. That's strictly for my boyfriend," Anna spat and lifted her foot, slamming it against Alacrity's abdomen as hard as she could.

          Alacrity slumped against the wall and pressed a hand to her abdomen, groaning in pain. "That hurt, Annie," she said and suddenly bolted upright, wrapping a hand around Anna's throat tightly. The brunette gasped and choked on the air in her throat as her feet were lifted up off the ground, her toes barely able to touch the tile. "But not quite enough," she spat as her eyes glowed red, a sadistic smile tugging at her lips. Alacrity pulled her free arm back and clenched her hand into a fist, causing red lightning to crawl around her fingers. Anna grabbed Alacrity's wrist as tightly as she could and started swinging her feet, trying to kick Alacrity in the shin, knee or even her thigh so she could get away. Alacrity shot her fist forward and it connected with Anna's abdomen with a loud crack. As soon as Alacrity released her opponent's throat, Anna flew through the air and only stopped once her back slammed against the concrete wall in the hallway outside the Cortex.

          Anna cursed softly and gritted her teeth, tears stinging her eyes as white-hot pain shot through her spine and ribs. She rolled over onto her stomach and pushed herself up to her hands and knees, wincing as another burning pain shot through her torso from the middle of her back to her diaphragm. Anna wasn't sure if one of her ribs was broken or if her spine had been fractured, but it hurt like hell either way. As she slowly rose further away from the ground, the sole of a boot was pressed against her back and she was slammed onto the floor once again. A cry of pain escaped her lips as her cheekbone and ribs connected with the floor, no doubt breaking yet another bone if one wasn't broken already. "Shit," she cursed and squeezed her eyes shut tightly, trying to ignore the burning pain she felt in her face and torso.