∟ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

run back to me
part one

FIVE DAYS HAD passed since Anna had fallen into a coma after her fight with the Woman in Red. Even with Anna's speed healing, her injuries were so intense and dangerous that she couldn't keep up with the constant damage.

          Since then, Barry had spent everyday by her bedside, watching the heart monitor closely. He knew that she could pull through, but there was a constant fear that Anna's heart would stop and she would slip away forever. Barry's fight with Savitar had hardly gotten as bad as Anna's had gotten with the Woman in Red. Barry managed to get away with a bruised face, busted lip and a few bruised ribs, while Anna barely got away with shattered ribs, a broken knee, a dangerous wound in her abdomen, and a trip to a coma. While Barry knew it wasn't his fault, he wished he had been there to help his girl in her fight.

          Just a couple of days after Anna had slipped into a coma, after spending so much time worrying about his son, Joe had cut Wally out of his "cocoon." Barry hadn't gotten there fast enough to stop Joe but, now that Wally was up and about after spending days bed ridden on Caitlin's orders, he was perfectly fine and was being trained by Cisco and Shannon everyday in the Speed Lab.

          A familiar song slipped into Barry's ears and he lifted his head off the bed near Anna's hand. He turned his chair slowly and furrowed his brows, meeting Cisco's eyes as he held up a phone that played Poker Face by Lady Gaga. Barry lifted his hands and wiped his eyes, getting rid of the heaviness that had washed over them. "What are you doing?" He asked the long-haired boy, his voice thick with fatigue and sadness.

          Cisco smiled softly and lowered his shutting off the music. "It worked the first time, I was hoping it would wake her up again," he said softly and walked over to his sleeping friend, standing on the opposite side of Anna's bed that Barry was sitting beside. He rested a hand on her arm and turned the song on again, but quietly, holding it down close to her ear. "Come on, Anna, I know you can hear it. You love this song, remember?" He sighed and began humming the song softly, his eyes becoming glossy. "You gotta wake up, girl. Shannon misses you like crazy, and so do I. It's not the same anymore."

          Barry reached over and rested a hand on Cisco's. "That means a lot, man," he said and nodded at his best friend, feeling like some weight had been lifted from his shoulders now that he had spoken to Cisco again. Barry had shut him out from his friends ever since Anna had fallen into a coma. When he was alone with her, sitting in silence as he took in ever feature of her peaceful, perfect face, he let himself break and cry and be free. But, around everyone else, he was afraid to let himself fall apart because he was worried about being judged for being weak. Barry knew he wasn't a weak person for crying, but that didn't mean everyone else had the same opinions that he did. "She would appreciate it too."

          Cisco silenced the music and nodded his head, sliding his phone into the back pocket of his jeans. He removed his hand from Anna's arms and looked at the monitor she was attached to by so many cords she would no doubt tangle them up and rip them from her skin by accident if she was awake. "She's gonna wake up, man," he stated and looked at Barry, wiping away a tear as soon as it rolled down his cheek. "She has to."

          Barry nodded and brushed his knuckles over Anna's bruised cheekbone that had barely healed over the course of five days. "I hope so, Cisco," he whispered and rested his palm against her skin, sending tiny bolts of electricity through her skin in hopes it would jolt her awake. "I really hope so."