∟ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞.

magenta
part two

AS THE TEAM entered the Speed Lab, Anna's eyes widened and her mouth dropped open. On either side of the room there were test stands; one side featured the Cisco-fied treadmill from when Anna and Barry bad first become speedsters, and the other side had equipment Anna had never seen before. Around the top of the room was a track that could barely be seen, except for the windows.

          "This is so cool!" Anna exclaimed, a bright smile tugging at her lips as she turned on her heels to face Barry, allowing herself to walk backwards. She turned back to the room, her eyes jumping around to take in every detail of the room she had never seen before.

          "Something tells me you've never been here before," Cisco grumbled, clearly irritated with the girl who was simply fascinated by the room.

          Anna glanced sideways at Cisco, her smile dropping from her face. Her chest fell tight and it felt like her heart was being squeezed to its breaking point. She frowned and looked down at the floor, making sure that no one would see the somber look on her face and hint of tears in her eyes.

          "Lot's of tension here, I see," Harry said and cleared his throat.

          "Correction: lots of hatred," Shannon added, causing Anna to look at the caramel-skinned girl with a look that would have shattered her own heart if she was on the receiving end.

          "Okay, let's just get Jesse on the track and see what she can do," Caitlin cut in, shooting a small smile at Anna before looking back down at the panels in front of her.

          "I agree," Anna muttered and walked up to the testing station where Caitlin stood, ignoring Barry when he tried to reach out and take her hand. She knew it was wrong to brush off one of the only people who actually liked her anymore, but she was barely holding herself together and any touch or look from Barry would cause her to break down.

          "Hey, Anna, watch this!" Jesse called out, pulling Anna's attention toward her as the young girl yanked off her jacket and tossed it on the floor. She turned toward the ramp that led up to the track and shook out her hands before bolting up and around, lighting up the tunnel above their heads with a yellow glow.

          Anna looked up at the track, smiling as she watched Jesse loop around quickly. "She's really fast already," she said and looked over at Caitlin. "Are her stats stable?"

          "Perfect," Caitlin replied with a nod.

          "She really can move," Joe spoke up and smiled slightly.

          "Yeah, she can," Wally stated, his voice drained of all enthusiasm. "Um, I gotta go," he added quickly and left the room, causing Iris to chase after him.

          Anna watched the siblings leave, wishing that her own brother were here to give her some kind words that would lift her spirits, but she knew that Cody was mad for what she had done resulting in his mom being gone again. She shifted her gaze to Harry, walking over to him quickly. "Uncle Harry," she whispered and tapped his arm to pull his attention away from the yellow glow that was his daughter. "How's Cody doing? Has he said anything?"