∟ 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

the new rogues
part one

HER FINGERS TANGLED into his hair while his lips trailed down her neck, dancing across her collarbone as a small gasp escaped her lips. Anna pulled her bottom lip between her teeth, closing her eyes as Barry's lips traced across her neck once again, sending chills of pleasure through her body.

          "I love you," Barry whispered against her skin, placing a soft kiss where his words lingered. He lifted his head and Anna opened her eyes, their gazes meeting instantly. He brushed her hair away from her face, placing a kiss on the tip of her nose that made her smile.

          "And I love you," Anna whispered in return, untangling her fingers from his hair. She frowned, exhaling deeply through her nose. "But why'd you stop?"

          Barry let out a laugh that made butterflies dance in the pit of his girlfriend's stomach. He kissed Anna's lips and moved his way across her jaw, down over her neck once again. He continued his way down, placing kisses across her bare chest until he disappeared under the blanket, still trailing kisses down her stomach toward the waistline of her pants.

          Anna let out a soft moan, closing her eyes as goosebumps trailed over her skin. Electricity flowed through her veins, igniting every nerve and cell in her body and kicking it into overdrive. She tilted her head back, a small gasp escaping her lips as Barry kissed just below her belly button.

          As Barry's fingers hooked into the loops of Anna's pants and his lips reached the top of her waistband, their cellphones went off in unison. A groan escaped Barry's lips and he planted his forehead against Anna's stomach, huffing out a sigh that tickled her skin.

          Anna groaned too and reached toward the nightstand, picking up the first phone she could get her hand on. She answered the call and put it on speaker. "You've reached Anna and Barry. What's the issue?" She asked, lodging the blanket to look down at Barry who had now wrapped his arms around her hips. "We're... busy."

          "Busy or not, get the hell to the lab right now," Shannon's voice demanded through the phone. "Scudder just busted his blonde sidekick out of Iron Heights."

          "Do we have to come now?" Barry asked and lifted his head, resting his chin on Anna's stomach as he looked up at the phone in her hand. "Give us fifteen minutes."

          "You don't have fifteen minutes, Barry Allen. I'm giving you five. Finish up the deed in the sack and get here in five minutes," Shannon ordered, her voice full of annoyance.

          "How did you—?"

          "I know everything, Anna. You're my best friend. Your voice gives it away," Shannon said and cleared her throat.

          Anna smiled at the two words that were simple apart but powerful together. Shannon had called her her best friend again. After weeks of hard glares and snappy remarks, she had finally said the two words that made Anna's heart skip a beat.

          "So, are you coming or not?"

          Barry tossed the blanket off himself and stood up, bending down to grab his shirt from the floor. "We'll be there in a minute, Shannon," he grumbled and snatched the phone out of Anna's hand, hanging up quickly before Shannon could say anything else. "Phones are being shut off next time," he muttered as he yanked his shirt on over his head, tossing Anna's to her after picking it up from the floor.