∟ 𝐨𝐧𝐞. ✔️

zeropoint
part one

SWIFT KNEW EXACTLY what she had done. She knew the consequences; knew that the timeline was going to rupture; knew she could lose people and hurt people—but she needed a restart. Anna Wells had lost too much, and she just wanted to start over from scratch. She couldn't go on in the previous timeline no matter how hard she tried, she was still broken and her cheeks were stained with tears.

Pain swelled in her whole body, plucking at every nerve, and a large weight pressed down on her chest, making it hard to breathe. Slowly, memories of the other timeline began to come back, and she saw it all; she saw Barry's death, heard herself scream and cry about it—she wasn't fast enough to stop it from happening, wasn't smart enough; she saw her mother get killed, heard herself scream and cry over it—and again, she wasn't fast enough to stop it; she saw the race, saw herself win; she saw herself killing Zoom—hand through the chest like he deserved.

Zoom had killed the love of her life and then murdered her mother just a few days later—both of which had happened right in front of her, and she wasn't fast enough to stop either of them from dying. Anna wanted to change the timeline even though the consequences were going to be high—she did it anyway. Changing the timeline was the only solution—or so it seemed.

Anna was already having a hard enough time dealing with the loss of Barry and had barely come to terms with the fact he was gone, and then her mother was killed, leaving her twice as broken, and even more alone. She couldn't live with it anymore, she needed Barry and Elizabeth in her life and without them, she felt like she couldn't breathe. Losing Barry once was enough to make her wobble on the edge of her humanity, but losing her mother twice was enough to send her right over the edge away from everything that made her good; what made her a hero; what made her Swift.

She couldn't remember every detail of how she felt after what she had done; she couldn't remember the emotions she felt—but she knew one thing was certain; one thing was clear: Anna Wells was proud of what she had done.

Sticking her hand through Hunter Zolomon's chest—killing the monster that he was—was the easiest thing she had ever done and she didn't feel even a sliver of regret or guilt. All the pain that Zoom has put Anna through—put her friends and family through—came to an end the minute the villainous speedster let out his last breath. No one would remember what she did so no one could judge her or use it against her—it was her secret. The fact that she had killed a man would be with her for the rest of her life, but it had to be done—he had done too much to be spared.

Anna knew that changing the timeline was an awful idea—a stupid idea with too many risks—but, in a split second, she had decided it was best. She wanted to give Barry Allen and her mother the ending that they deserved, and so she did. Anna had run back in time to save her mother from Peter Kane and everything that changed after that was yet to be revealed.

To say she was nervous was an understatement, and to say she was a little excited seemed kind of odd, but Anna wanted to see the changes she caused and wanted to live a life with everyone she loved. She couldn't wait to write a new chapter in her life; to start over. Everything she had done had led her to this moment, and she was proud of what she had become; of who she had become.

Opening up a new timeline would give her new possibilities to do things differently. She had a chance to change herself, to save different people— more people. She was free of Zoom, free of the dread in the previous timeline, and now she could work on being happy—being full.