∟ 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

epilogue

TIME SEEMED TO fly after the team had defeated Alacrity and Savitar. After four years, everyone had gone back to living their lives and things were finally going back to normal; Cisco and Anna had stopped going to therapy, somehow finding peace with the loss of Shannon and HR after Alacrity and Savitar had been defeated; Caitlin, unfortunately, had disbanded after having an internal battle with Killer Frost once again, deciding she needed to find a solution to her problem; Julian and Barry got along finally and worked together in the forensics lab without complaints, other than friendly bullying and banter and Anna's family could finally return to their home after spending days and days at the lab away from Savitar and Alacrity's grasp.

After spending so much time glancing over her shoulder and staring at shadows in her apartment, Anna forgot what it was like to live peacefully. While it was quite the adjustment, Anna settled into the new change quickly and so did everyone else. She and the team were so tired of putting up such a hard, long fight that they welcomed the peacefulness with open arms and smiling faces.

On top of the peacefulness, Anna's horrifying nightmares came to a sudden end. Without the constant fear that Alacrity was lurking somewhere nearby, Anna had nothing to have nightmares about. Anna knew Alacrity and Savitar were gone—she'd killed one of them and had seen the other one die. There was no chance they would be lurking around somewhere in the shadows, waiting to attack. Anna now slept soundly at night and didn't stir until the morning, her mind no longer haunted by red hair and red eyes lurking in the dark.

"Yes, Iris, I—" Anna tried, but Iris quickly cut her off, "You need to tell him today."

Anna sighed deeply and reached into her pocket, pulling out her apartment keys that had a gold lightning bolt dangling from it. Anna wedged the phone between her ear and shoulder and grabbed the doorknob with one hand and slid the key into the keyhole with the other, jiggling the doorknob like she learned to do. "Iris, I promise I'll tell him today. But I—"

"He needs to know," Iris said before hanging up the phone, letting the line die and play back a dial tone in Anna's ear.

Anna stuffed her phone into her jeans pocket and slipped inside her apartment, slowly closing the door behind her. When she turned around, her brows furrowed at the dim lighting in the living area. Hanging on the wall to her left, there was a sheet of paper taped to the wall. She walked up to it and pulled the note off the wall, skimming over it quickly.

    Dear Anna,

On the bed upstairs, you'll find an outfit. Put it on and meet me downstairs. I'll explain more when I see you after you've changed. Don't worry, everything is okay.                                                  

    All the love, Barry.

Anna chuckled and bolted upstairs to their shared bedroom, her brows raising at the white box sitting on the bed with a pair of her black heels next to her. "Oh, Barry, what have you gotten yourself into?" She asked and pulled the lid off the box, her eyes widening at the beautiful dress inside. Anna hooked her fingers into the straps and lifted the dress, admiring it closely. "You're definitely my boyfriend," she said softly and changed into the dress in the blink of an eye.

Anna stepped in front of the mirror and smoothed out her dress, smiling softly as she tilted her head. The dress was royal blue in colour and stopped just a few inches above her knees. While it didn't cling tight to her skin, she still felt like it made her figure pop. She turned to the side, her hand grazing over the small bump in her stomach as the corners of her mouth quirked up into a grin.