∟ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨.

shade
part three

SO MANY THINGS had happened to Anna in the course of a few weeks that she felt like the world was caving in on her. First, it was the arrival of her ex-boyfriend who wasn't really her ex-boyfriend anymore as an evil speedster who then killed himself, Alchemy came about, then it was Frankie Kane who was a misunderstood girl with powers that was murdered in cold blood, then the Woman in Red showed up, and then Anna pieced together the fact that there was another speedster along with the Woman in Red, then her boyfriend's somewhat half-sister's brother starts having dreams about becoming a speedster, and now, one of her best friends had the exact same powers as the woman who worked for Zoom.

          And, of course, just as Anna thought it couldn't get any worse, Wally West collapsed to the floor from a vision that seemed all too real to him.

          "According to this, all your vitals are fine, Wally," Caitlin said and looked over her shoulder at the boy sitting on the hospital bed.

          "Wally, what did you see?" Joe asked and folded his arms over his chest, taking a small step toward his son.

          "I was a speedster again, but this time it wasn't a good dream," Wally explained and looked up at Anna and Barry. "I was fighting The Rival at some abandoned sawmill. Just like Anna said."

          "Yeah, these aren't dreams, Wally," Anna stated and shook her head, folding her arms over her chest. "It's memories. It has to be."

          "More and more people are getting powers," Cisco said softly, causing Anna to look toward him. She knew exactly what he was referencing but didn't dare speak on it.

          "Okay, so how do we stop this?" Iris asked and raised her brows, looking back and forth between Anna and Barry.

          "I mean, is there any stopping it even?" Cisco asked and folded his arms over his chest. "If Alchemy could reach you at CCPD, Wally, he could probably reach you from anywhere, right?"

          "I have a suggestion," HR spoke up and held his hand up in the air while twirling a drumstick around between his fingers in the other hand. "Why don't we throw Wallace in the pipeline until we figure this situation out."

          "You want to lock him up?" Joe asked and raised his brows at the man standing beside him.

          "Yeah, I agree with Joe," HR said and pointed a finger at the man before turning to face Wally. "We lock him up because think about this: we can't stop Alchemy from getting into Wallace's head, but we put him in the pipeline, then we control the situation from there on out."

          Anna looked over at Joe who remained silent, staring down his son. She shifted her gaze over to HR, silently agreeing with his statement. While locking Wally up seemed like a horrible idea, it was the best option they had at keeping him safe. If he was locking in the pipeline, everyone knew where he was at all times and no one could get in and he couldn't get out.

"As much as I don't like it, Dad, maybe he's not wrong," Wally spoke up, breaking the layer of silence that had barely formed over the group.