∟ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

shade
part four

IT DIDN'T TAKE long to formulate a plan on how to lure Alchemy out of whatever hole he was hiding in. They would allow Wally to listen to whatever Alchemy was telling him to do, and he was to follow orders, but Anna and Barry were going to be close behind at all times, along with Joe, Nathan Carter, and a few members of the SWAT team.

          "Are you sure this is going to work, Anna?" Barry asked, pulling Anna out of her thoughts as he walked into the empty Cortex where his partner stood, staring at her suit. "This is a pretty bold plan."

          "I don't know. But, I do know that the faster we can stop Alchemy, the faster we can track down who he works for," Anna replied and turned to face Barry, resting her hands on her hips.

          "And you're sure Alchemy works for the Woman in Red?" Barry asked and raised his brows at his girlfriend, folding his arms over his chest. "And are you sure there are two speedsters?"

          "Barry, I don't know much, but I'm confident that I'm right with this one," Anna stated then pressed her lips together in a straight line, looking around the room quickly. That was a lie. She wasn't confident that her plan would work because she still had no idea what the team was up against. In the past, once they learned more about Zoom and Reverse-Flash, coming up with plans on how to stop them was easier, but when it came to Alchemy, the Woman in Red and the other mysterious speedster, Anna had no idea what she was doing. When she met Barry's eyes again, she sighed deeply and shook her head. "I don't know what I'm doing, Barr."

          Barry furrowed his brows and walked closer to his girlfriend. "What do you mean?" He asked and rested his hands on her arms, running his thumbs over her bare arms. "You're doing great, Anna. I know you don't see it, but you are perfect and you're doing amazing. I see it and everyone else sees it."

          Anna shrugged her shoulders and shook her head once again, fighting the tears of frustration that formed in her eyes and made her vision blurry. "I'm not smart, Barry. I'm not like you, or Cisco, or Caitlin. I'm not a science-y person and I never will be. I come up with half-assed plans that surprisingly work," she said and sighed, wiping away a single tear that broke loose from her eye and rolled down her cheek. "I'm just Anna. I'm nothing special and I don't do much to help out the team. I'm just a girl who has superpowers that makes sure the city doesn't fall apart, Barry."

          "You aren't just Anna," Barry said and cupped the girl's face, smiling softly. "You're my girlfriend and partner, you're Shannon's best friend, you're a daughter, and a sister, and a niece. You aren't just a girl with superpowers, Anna. You're a hero, for crying out loud! And you are Swift. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me and this city. And you're brilliant, even though you might not see it. No, you aren't into science, but you're smart in so many other ways. You fight like no one else I've ever seen! You're fast, and quick on your feet, and that brain of yours," he tapped Anna's temple with his finger. "Is full of information to be used for the right things. You're more than just Anna. You're Anna Wells, niece of Harrison Wells, daughter of Elizabeth Wells, you are my wonderful, absolutely stunning girlfriend, and you are the smartest, most powerful woman I have ever met."

          Anna smiled softly, allowing a few more hot tears to roll down her cheeks. "You're the best, you know that?" She asked and Barry nodded proudly, his smile growing larger and sending Anna's stomach into a fit of butterflies. "And I am totally, absolutely, positively in love with you."