∟ 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. ✔️

zeropoint
part three

ANNA HAD ONLY spent just a few days in her new timeline; in her new life, and she was starting to hate it more and more.

After mentioning that she couldn't navigate through Venus Industries, Shannon was quick to declare that Anna had been there enough times to find her way out—the first slip-up, and now, no doubt, Shannon was suspicious of the speedster.

On top of the potential exposure that Anna was facing, the Flash now knew who hid behind Swift's mask. He didn't know her name yet, as far as she knew, but the idea of him figuring that out was too much for her to settle her racing heart and the nervous feeling that swam in her stomach and made the hairs all over her body stand tall.

Anna hissed in pain, gritting her teeth tightly together as Cody pulled another piece of glass from her thigh. "Can you go easy on me?" She asked and laughed through the pain, forcing a small smile. "I got thrown through a window, man."

"With the state you're in, you look like you've been thrown through four windows, run over by a few garbage trucks, and then dropped off the top of a skyscraper," Cody joked and smiled, laughing softly to himself as he dropped the tiny shard of glass he had pulled from his sister's skin into a metal tray. "He's stronger, isn't he? Is that why you can't win against him?"

"Yes," Anna lied. It pained her how easily the lie slipped between her lips and into her brother's ears. She was supposed to be the hero; supposed to be the face of good and bring hope to those who had lost it, but, of course, here she was, lying through her teeth as she slipped into a new life in a new timeline.

Anna closed her eyes, wanting to remember the faces of the people she knew. Everyone she had in the previous timeline was in the new one, but she didn't know them, not really. These people were strangers to her and she was trying desperately to get to know them.

Anna's eyes snapped open quickly, her heart beginning to race as her mind came up almost empty. She saw small glimpses of her memory from the timeline she had run away from. The memories were there, but some of them were missing; like parts of a puzzle had been ripped out, leaving gaping holes that Anna couldn't find the pieces to fix. "No," she whispered and closed her eyes tightly as tears formed across her waterline.

She had Barry's face in her memory; the smiling, happy Barry before he was killed. No matter what, she wanted to hold on to him. He was what she needed to keep going, to keep fighting the fight without giving up. Anna tried to listen for his voice, to replay his I love you's, or his kind words that uplifted everyone, but her mind was blank. She could see his lips moving, but no words came out.

Her heart instantly shattered in her chest and she opened her eyes slowly. Whatever was happening to her, her memories were beginning to fade. Anna was losing what she had in the previous timeline all over again because her brain was allowing it to just wash away. She could easily handle it if she just couldn't remember parts of conversations, but not being able to remember Barry's voice was too much for her to handle.

For days, Anna had noticed her memory had been foggy, but thought nothing of it. It started off with smaller things; she couldn't remember what she had given Barry for their first Christmas together, or what he had given her; she couldn't remember what her first suit looked like, or even if she had one before her iconic sapphire blue one. It was odd, for sure, but it didn't alarm her at first. Now, knowing that she couldn't remember the voice of her Barry, that was enough to alarm her and she knew she needed to get the hell out of the timeline before she couldn't remember who she used to be.