∟ 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

alacrity
part two

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

ALACRITY WATCHED ANNA with aggravation, studying her mirror-self closely. The red-haired woman stared at the brunette, envious of the life she lived despite almost everyone in her life hating her. In a way, Alacrity wanted the life that Anna had; she wanted friends, wanted a family, and wanted to be in love and have someone love her back. But, of course, that could never happen. Alacrity wasn't supposed to exist, she was a ripple in a timeline that should have been wiped out the second she was had completed her task but hadn't been.

          Alacrity had been watching Anna once a week since she had arrived in 2016 and each time, she was gaining more information that would help her destroy her mirror-self; Barry was the love of her life, of course; Harry was the uncle; Jesse was the cousin; Cody was the baby brother and all her friends mattered more than life itself.

          Alacrity's hatred-filled brown eyes darted to the apartment door as it came open, revealing Barry Allen. She pressed her back against the brick wall outside the apartment, thankful that a window had been open so she could listen to the conversation. She slid her back down the wall and leaned toward the window, peeking inside to eavesdrop.

Anna turned around on the sofa and looked at her boy, smiling at him. "Hey! So, I've been thinking about Alchemy and why he's doing this stuff, and I—"

          "Anna," Barry cut in, his tone serious and broken. "Frankie Kane is dead."

          Anna's facial expression suddenly dropped, and so did Alacrity's. Anna fell back onto her butt and furrowed her brows, shaking her head. "No. No, Barry, she's not. She's fine. Tell me she's fine, Barry," she snapped and stood up from the sofa.

          "She didn't even make it to her new home," Barry said and walked toward the shaken brunette, resting his hands on her biceps. "I'm sorry, Anna."

          "What happened?" Anna asked and took a step back.

          "I don't know," Barry replied and shook his head, sliding his hand into his pocket. He pulled out a phone and handed it over to Anna, tapping the screen.

          Anna looked down at the phone, watching whatever Barry had been showing her and Alacrity wished she could just get a quick look at it.

Anna gasped and tossed the phone onto the couch, pressing her hand to her mouth. Anna looked at Barry with blurry vision, holding in her sobs. She dropped her hand down to her side, saying something so quietly that Alacrity couldn't hear it or even read her lips.

          "It could be an invisible meta," Barry said softly and took a step toward Anna, cupping her face and wiping away the tears that stained her cheeks.

          "Why would it go after a child, Barry?" Anna asked, her voice raising.  "Why would someone kill a child? Can you even begin to explain that to me?"

          "I don't know, Anna, but we will figure this out," Barry said softly, his voice breaking, and tucked a few strands of hair behind Anna's ears. "We'll stop Alchemy."

Alacrity furrowed her brows, anger pumping through her. Frankie Kane was merely a distraction to ensure Swift and the Flash steered away from Alacrity and Savitar, but she was never supposed to end up dead. And now that Frankie was dead, Alacrity knew exactly who was responsible.