∟ 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

alacrity
part one

IN THE FUTURE, Swift's time remnant was created alongside a time remnant of the Flash to do good. They were created for one sole purpose and they had succeeded, thankfully. Alongside their creators, the two time remnants had won in the fight against Savitar, a speedster who claimed to be a god. While they expected to be welcomed into the team with open arms, they were turned away due to not being as good as the original speedsters, leaving them alone in the old S.T.A.R Labs building.

          Before the final fight against Savitar, the time remnants had gotten along perfectly with the Flash and Swift. Being exact copies of the two speedsters, the four of them fit together like pieces of a puzzle. They agreed on everything and were friends, funny enough. Up until the betrayal, of course.

          "What's with the crazy hair?" Barry's time remnant asked as the blue speedster's remnant stepped out of the bathroom, running her fingers through her freshly dyed and cut red hair. "Looks good, I must say. You look hot, Anna."

          "Don't call me that," the woman spat out and bolted toward the remnant, wrapping her hand around his throat as she slammed his back up against a wall on the other side of the hallway. "Anna is the bitch that cast me out. I am not Anna. I'm better than her and I'm stronger than her. She's dead to me," she snapped, her eyes flaring blue. She tightened her grip around Barry's throat, gritting her teeth. "Figure out something else to call me. Until you find a new name, don't speak to me."

          "Alacrity," Barry choked out and wrapped his hands around Anna's wrist, switching positions so now she was pressed against the wall with his hand wrapped around her throat. He narrowed his eyes at her and ran his tongue over his lips, pressing his other hand against the wall near her head. "How about Alacrity?"

          Anna smirked and nodded her head. "I like the way that sounds. Rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?" She furrowed her brows and kneed Barry's time remnant in the groin, pushing him to the floor as he groaned loudly. She began walking away from him, taking deep breaths to calm her nerves. "Put your hands on me like that again and I'll shatter your heart with my bare hand, understood?"

          Barry nodded his head and got to his feet slowly, wincing in pain. "What about me? I don't like being called Barry. I need something new," he said, causing Alacrity to stop in her tracks, slowly turning to face him. "You get a new name, I need one too."

          Anna exhaled deeply and walked toward him slowly, pursing her lips as she searched for a name for her ally. "You need something that will put the fear of god in people. Something that will make the Flash and Swift run for their pathetic lives once they learn what it means," she said and stopped in her tracks just a foot away from her partner, her lips curling up into a devious grin as she raised her brows. "Savitar."

          "Savitar. I like that," Barry said and folded his arms over his chest, furrowing his brows at the red-haired woman standing in front of him. "What's our plan with Swift and the Flash? We don't know where they are anymore."

          "Well, my dear, sweet partner," Anna said and rested her hand on the side of the man's face, taking a small step toward him. She pushed herself up onto the tips of her toes, leaning closer to him until their noses were only centirmetres apart. "We'll train every single day until we're even faster than we are now. We'll block out any guilt and regret that we have and push down our feelings so they can't hurt us. We'll become Gods. And then, we're going to go back in time to taunt them and torture them, kill anyone they care about until they're weak," she explained and gripped Barry's chin tightly, smirking at him. "And we're going to kill them."