Chapter 8

After last night, I'm not as worried about the other coven. Edward promised me we would figure it out. One thing is that they don't really smell like a vampires. It's like a mixture of human, wolf, and vampire. I didn't tell Edward because they might interact with werewolves and humans like we do. But I don't think it would affect their scent. Edward said not to dwell on it, and here I am dwelling on it. When I finally pull my mind from the other coven, we are already leaving school. I lift my shield and think, "can we go hunting?" He hears me and gives an imperceptible shake of his head. We drop Alice, jasper and Renesmee off and park the car. Once we get out we're running. Hand in hand. It feels good to finally get to be who we really are. After two hours we have drained three deers and a mountain lion. We found a meadow almost identical as ours. We could both sit there and talk for hours about everything. After a few moments of silence, Edward speaks up. "Do you think we should talk to the other coven?" I reply, "I don't know. We can't just go out and say, 'hey are you guys vampires?'" Edward chuckles at my comment. "No I mean like try to become friends with them. Talk to them. Like interact more so we don't look antisocial." I thought about this for a moment, "yeah I guess that works." No that we had a vague idea of how we were going to find out, we had to tell the rest of the family. We raced home, and of course Edward beat me. He always has been faster. Except when I was a newborn. When we walked in everyone was sitting in the living room. Perfect. We go right on out and say it. Edward starts off. "I know this might sound crazy, but me mad Bella were thinking that there might be another coven of vampires living here in Denali. We are not for sure though." Carlisle was next to speak up. "There could be another coven. But I feel that it is a little weird that there would be three covens in one area. I'm sure the Volturi wouldn't let this happen. The usual is one. We are already breaking the rules by having two here." Emmett spoke next. "Why don't we ask the Denali? They've lived here longer than we have." Carlisle continued. "That's a good idea Emmett. Who wants to run over to the Denali's?" I spoke up and said, "I will. It is my proposition." It takes me literally a minute to get there. I knock and tell Carmen that it's important that they all come over now. She tells the rest of her family and they all come. Once were back, Carlisle tells them what's going on. Kate says, "there has been a weird group of, I think vampires, that live near here. They could just be creeps though." After a long while we have a plan. Alice and jasper will spy on them. Rosalie and Emmett will switch classes so they have the same ones. Edward, Renesmee, and I will become friends with them. Our plan isn't the best one, but it might just help us figure out what they are.