Chapter Twenty-Eight

After we had gotten home yesterday,  nothing seemed to be fine with sapphire. I noticed first thing because she wouldn't eat at all and she seemed to want to sleep more than usual.

She said she was okay,  and that she was just tired but I've never seen her this down before.   I felt that I was responsible for her distress because I had overreacted.

I wanted so badly to know what the problem was or at least try to comfort her.

But if I had said anything I knew sapphire would say something like,  "don't worry, your not my reason for being stressed." 

Deep down I felt I was the reason.

I couldn't help how I felt and what made it worse was my thoughts wouldn't stop running wild!  With everything,  I tried cleaning and my mind wandered back to the same thing as before.

My heart was going haywire just like every other part of my body, Sapphire had just done something to me.

All I had to do was look at her like I was doing presently, she had all my willpower, everything could be hers if she wanted it to be.

I just wish I could make her feel the way she makes me feel.
——————

WEEKS LATER.

As I planned out the rest of our summer I could feel somewhat better about the past.

I know trying to make up for everything, wasn't needed and sapphire had told me it was a waste of time and money.

I still felt I owed her a lot.  She did take me out of a toxic situation and fed me,  let me sleep in her bed, and helped me get a job.

She had helped out more than anyone, giving me a chance at a good life.  I owed her,  even if she didn't think anything of it. 

I thought about it all the time.

I clicked a pen open and started writing where we should start are summer,  we had a few months to go but I've been saving and planning.

Maybe New York?  Or California?  Florida? 

We are closer to New York,  so maybe there?  I scribbled out the other places and started with a new list beginning with New York.

And placed city after city,   She'd love it no matter what! I knew she would.

I made a couple more lists just of the things we would need and stuff we had to grab from the store. 

I finished and neatly put all the papers together,  taking them in hand I hide them in a book sapphire never touched.

And grab the money jar I had been putting all my savings in and put the rest of my cash safely, in it then grab my shoes and jacket.

Amethyst said she'd help with whatever I needed since she had the car now. I figured she give me a ride to grab the rest of are supplies.

I was gonna grab camping equipment and fishing poles and some bags to carry most of the items.

Sapphire had never been camping,  so we will be going camping in every state!   We will stargaze every night,  fish every day,  collect rocks, look for the oldest tree near us!

I'm going to make this the best since we probably won't get a chance to do it again.

I knocked on amethyst door and heard a rough, "just a minute."  Before she popped out ready to go with her purple slippers and metallic raincoat.

The car ride was loud and overcrowded with all the others that were gonna grab stuff but I never minded it at all considering the quiet could kill.

Everyone kept asking about what I had planned and I just told them about traveling,  just so not one person spoiled it for sapphire. 

" girls I don't wanna spoil anything it's important to me that my hard work stays in motion,"  I complained as jasper and Pearl tried to get it out of me.

Lapis rolled her eyes and blew a bubble, " come on you know us,  we won't say a thing."   She tried to say that as casually as possible.

I knew it was just a lie but nice try anyway.  I looked forward so I wouldn't make eye contact with anyone other than amethyst, she knew but she also knew how important it was to me that nobody else knew.

As the questions kept coming I dodged them and got out of the car before anyone and high-tailed it into Walmart.

I gathered what I could afford and listed everything that I needed to come back for, I pushed the cart and grabbed a few more cheap things.

I found everyone as I walked up front to cash out and just stuck with them so we leave faster.

Cashing out I gave the lady my card and paid for my items and left for the car. 

Most of my friend's met us by car,  besides amethyst but she was with me helping me carry everything.

I'd hoped sapphire would enjoy the summer I had planned out before we had to come back and prepare for college.

I sat in the seat and leaned back, propping my feet up,  I tried to relax knowing I have most of the things on the list I made.

Taking a deep breath of fresh air,  "Do you girls think sapphire will like what I have planned?"  self-doubt was starting to settle in the pit of my stomach.

Every one of the girls reassured me that it was going to be the best trip ever!  that it was special because I had planned it by myself for Sapphire.

I felt somewhat better but even then I would still have thoughts of it being a terrible idea.

Ame turned down are street,  "Don't worry,  sapphire loves anything you do."  Her words popped out of nowhere.

A smile formed on my lips,  "Thanks Ame, I needed that."  She pulled into the driveway and parked.

Everyone got out of the car and help carry stuff in I pushed open the door and held it so everyone could come in without dropping anything.

After we put the stuff away,  I grabbed the bottle of the red cat from the fridge and pour a couple of glasses.

"Wine anyone?"  the girls grabbed a glass and we all made are way to the couch and put on a show.

"Today was a success,"  I said and clinched my glass to the girls.

Ame nodded and took a swig, "Yes, Yes it was."  I smiled for the second time that day,  I was finally,  not stressed at all. 

I'd been stressed a lot lately,  but it was worth it if it meant sapphire wasn't.

------------------------------