Chapter Three

Sapphire's (POV)

After I left ruby, I couldn't stop thinking of our little talk or game. In class, I spaced out three times! Have I never been the one to space out? EVER!

But Ruby and I think it does something to me, Something I can't explain even though we just met yet.

It feels like we've known each other for a while.  I mean, we haven't known each other for much time, but sapphires are one of those people that click easy with others.

Then again, I don't know what love is, not the family kind of love, but the forever kind of love.

"Sapphire,"  I looked up to see my math teacher looking down at me, "Eh, yes?"  I raised my eyebrow.

Am I missing something? 

I looked back down at my texted book, confused,  "You've been out of it; you alright?" Mr.Connor looked at me in a concerted manner, "Sapphire."  He snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"Yeah."  I looked around to see no other student's and I started to see why my teacher was concerned, "Mr.Connor, I'm fine." I reassured him as best I could.

"Alright, well, you can go. The bell already rang." He gave me a tight smile; I nodded my head and got up, then left.

Today seemed to go by fast when I left ruby. I'm not going to say some stupid thing like (the question is why?) because I already know why because I like her.

This whole situation is way too much; the emotions are ridiculous and overrated. 

I need to focus on something else or get a new hobby cause damn; I'm way too focus on all the wrong things.

I walked to my 7th-period class just down the hall. I made it there just before the bell rang. 

I signed in, thanking the moon goddess for a chance not to be late again today. 

I walked to the back where my seat is, taking it, I got everything I needed for class.

Secretly I wouldn't say I liked this class. I have to keep up the mask until this school year is over.

The big plus is we only have three months left to go. 

I checked the whiteboard to see what we have to do for class.  Write down three steps to how the body is affected by Ibuprofen.

Why do we have to do this?  This subject is dumb.

"Okay then." I grabbed my notebook and pen and started writing, "So you talk to yourself, another interesting thing that I've learned about you."

I nearly jump out of my seat and halfway out of my skin. Looking directly to my right, I see a puff of hair, "Oh god, ruby! You scared me."

I put my hand over my racing heart, trying to calm it from beating out of my chest, "Sorry, But you do talk to yourself a little."

"Yeah, I only do that when I'm thinking hard."  I started to nibble on the cap of my pen; Ruy awkwardly shuffled her feet,  "Uh? Is anyone sitting here or?" I could practically hear the awkwardness running off her tongue.

"No, you can sit here." I moved my books and bag over. She set her things down then sat herself

Why does she affect me?

I started messing with my hands, trying not to think about ruby anymore; maybe if I try with something like a friendship with her, I could find out if I like her or it's just a stupid feeling, "Hey sapphire, what class do you go next?" Ruby looked at me then put her arms on the desk along with her head, her eyes slowly moving over me.

"Study hall," I signed, sitting back in my chair

"UGH! Why couldn't I get a study hall?" I crossed my arms, playing around, 'I wonder if she thinks of me out of the blue.'

"Probably not.." I got lost in my thoughts again; what if we do become good friends?  What comes after?  And what if I do or say something stupid? Man, I hope I don't screw this up.

"You did it again." I gave ruby a confused look, "Um, you know the thinking out the loud thing you do."

I blushed, then mumbled an 'oh' looking down than signed out loud

Why do I keep doing that?

I closed my eyes; she is only a friend.

GOD, you just met here; STOP being an idiot. Sapphire! You need to stop.

We're not going to be anything; okay, stop. Ruby is not into you. She is just a friend.

I rubbed my temples, "Sapphire."  I felt a finger poke me; I just sat up straight took in a deeply needed breath.  'Poke',  'Poke', 'Poke'.

"Sapphire," You know? Maybe not everything is meant to be even if we want it as bad as ever,  "Hello, Sapphire to earth."  Cool air blew over me, and a hand slid over mine; my heart rate went sky high at the touch of a certain someone's skin contact.

Then I felt  sharp pain over my hand and a regretful ruby quietly saying sorry, "Oww!" I held my arm and averted my eyes right to ruby,  "Ruby, why would you do that?"  She pointed upfront and looked back at me.

"Sapphire." Mr. Conner called out from his desk, "You have to go to the main office. Someone is here to pick you up."

I got up and got my stuff together and packing it up in my backpack, "Okay."  I gave ruby a vast, almost bear hug,  "Have a good rest of your day." I winked at ruby, then walked out.

I can't believe I just did all of that; Maybe I'll see her again today or this weekend, Hopefully.