Chapter Sixteen

When ruby left, I just sat there trying to comprehend what just happened, was I .. no we really just about to kiss ? I shook the thought from my head and tried to think of something else because it was consuming me and right now I shouldn't think about it.

I huffed and ran my hand threw my tangled curls, I don't know what to do and usually I know what to do and I should have known what I was doing. I gritted my teeth and frowned my eyebrows I was mad but not at anyone but myself.

because I knew better.

When ruby walked back into the room an awkward silence fell around us, torturing us, making us go back to what just happened.

"Uh Sapphire .. " Ruby fell silent trying to find the right things to say, " I didn't want it to be awkward between us sapph," She paused, thinking again of what to say, " I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make things awkward it-" I cut her off before she could finish the rest of her sentence, "Just happened, yeah I know." I laughed a little at her, "And its okay it was my fault as well."

I got up off the couch and made my way over to her. I put my hands on her shoulders and signed deeply, "Don't ever apologize for trying to express your feelings," I stopped myself and pulled my hands away from her, "Notice how I didn't apologize, It's because I'm not sorry for almost kissing you."

I looked up at ruby, who has been quite for some time to find her with a shocked expression on her beautiful face.

I shrugged my shoulders and walked to her room to get my bag, I had to go anyway I have Steven to watch for rose and greg so they could go to the city for the night, "Ruby I gotta go okay."

I quickly hugged her and then left. I got in my car and started it, hearing the engine come alive I pulled of the drive way and drove. To be honest I didn't really want to leave her or go home because there isn't anyone there, no one to talk to about my problems or worries.

I stopped at the stop sign and put my turning signal. I was focused on the road and other cars until my phone went off with ruby's ringtone.

I reached down on the passenger side and grabbed my bag where my phone was, and snatched it out the front pocket, pressing talk I put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I heard shuffling in the background and finally a 'hey'. I smiled at the sweet yet rough voice.

"Hi ruby, Hey sorry I left but I had to, I have to get Steven at five." I held the phone to my ear with my shoulder and went threw my bag, "Sapph, It's okay." she paused, "I understand but I just wanted to -"

Ruby never got to finish what was gonna say, because I was reckless and I wasn't paying attention to anything other than the sound of her voice.

And before I knew it, I was flying, tumbling, and crashing into the roof of the car and the door, glass flying everywhere and the sound of it shattering glass filled my ears.

I held my breath wanting this to end as the car kept rolling and my body hitting something every turn, the seat belt held on to me tightly as my body was forced back and fourth into the air making me gasp for air and scratch at the tightly secured seat belt.

I flew back into the seat as my car hit another thing. crushing my arm between the door and front seat, the car hit a curb and tipped it over on to the roof of the car and finally stopped with a cry of agony and groan from the engine.

As I hung their from the seat belt I couldn't help but think back to what happened to comprehend if it was real or not all I knew was I stopped .

Black dots began to darken my vision as I looked for help, The darkness consumed my site as I smelt smoke.

****

Thank you, so much for being patient for me guys. I really appreciate it !! but unfortunately this isn't the first chapter 16 the only reason that it took so long for an update is because the first chapter 16 was deleted :( Believe me I was pissed and I was worried that ya'll would get really mad and stuff so I was like 'WHY!?!?!' there was more but that would be really inappropriate to say on het so I'm not gonna say anything else but yeah anyways ... how did you like the chapter ? I want your honest comment dudes ! -Sincerely QueenLuna