CHAPTER TWENTY NINE | This is goodbye.

Previously |

Everyone got out of the car and help carry stuff in I pushed open the door and held it so everyone could come in without dropping anything.

After we put the stuff away, I grabbed the bottle of the red cat from the fridge and pour a couple of glasses.

"Wine anyone?" the girls grabbed a glass and we all made our way to the couch and put on a show.

"Today was a success," I said and clinched my glass to the girls.

Ame nodded and took a swig, "Yes, Yes it was." I smiled for the second time that day, I was finally, not stressed at all.

I'd been stressed a lot lately, but it was worth it if it meant sapphire wasn't.
____________________________________________

Ruby's point of view

'Today was the day.'   I thought to myself.

My eyes drifted to the sleeping beauty next to me.   Sapphire's light blue hair sprawled out over the pillow case reaching me on the other side of our bed. 

I smiled at her and how cute she was with her soft snores. We'd been up all night deciding what clothes, and shoes would be best packed up for our road trip.

I didn't mind though any time spent with sapphire was well spent in my opinion. I stretched my body outward getting ready to get out of bed but a small arm found its way to my chest and I couldn't bring myself to leave.

Sunlight came shining through my light red curtains. And a gentle breeze blew threw the room giving me a fresh aura.

I didn't want this to end.

Clutching sapphire's tiny hand in my own I kissed it and positioned it back on her pillow. I got out of bed and slipped into my slippers, leaving the room as hushed as I could I proceeded downstairs to the kitchen to start breakfast for the house.

I found pearl in front of the stove flipping pancakes. She beat me to it but I was thankful because I really can't cook for the life of me.

"Hey, Pearl."  I rubbed my sleepy eyes and sat down in a seat at our heart-shaped table. 

I know after me and sapphire left for the summer I was gonna miss the light pink walls we occupy every morning. 

"Good morning."  She smiled.

Pearl placed two fluffy pancakes each, on four separate plates,  then moved to finish up the bacon and eggs she had in a pan on the back burner cooking.

The aroma of breakfast made my mouth water as it settled in the air around us.   She must be making breakfast one last time before we departed.

"You know me, Jasper, and lapis won't be here in September,"   Pearl spoke after a long stillness I could feel a bit of sadness touch my chest and I gave her a small smile.

"I know,  we know,"  I breathed.  "But we will see each other before you know it,   we're gonna be gone just for the three months of summer."   I tried my best to assure my close friend.

I wanted to say something else to at least try and make her feel a little bit better but another familiar voice came from behind me.

"You guys are going off to college pearl you're not dying."   Amethyst came to view and kissed Pearl's cheek before taking a seat across from me.

All of us got to talking and promised we would plan something for every holiday that was to come. It was a deal between us that we knew wouldn't be forgotten.

Amethyst grabbed plates and sat them down on the table while I went to get sapphire up. Once we were all seated pearl filled sapphire in on what we had talked about earlier.

"I like that plan." Sapphire cooed with love.

I smiled at her. She was beautiful. Her long thick hair was pulled back into a messy bun with her bangs hanging lightly over her eyebrows.

My heart swelled as I looked at her and then around the table, This was what home felt like? This was what safety felt like.

I'm glad they found me and I found them. My smile grew bigger I wasn't leaving forever but right now it kinda felt like it.

Because when I and sapphire returned. No one would be here not even my best friend Amethyst who would be halfway across the world pursuing her dream of being a professional photographer.

I'm just glad that everyone was growing.

I felt soft lips press against my cheek, "What has you so quiet love?" sapphire questioned.

"I'm just thinking about this summer and the fact that we are leaving before graduation." I held myself responsible for the both of us missing out on the most important day in our lives and it has been eating at me for a month.

All the girls looked at me with an emotion that I couldn't explain.

Amethyst came and gave me a tight hug, "You're not missing out on anything." She scoffed at me.

"Yeah. You're still getting your diploma." Pearl added in and ate the rest of her pancakes.

Sapphire squeezed my hand she knew I felt guilty but kept assuring me.  She was okay with not being here for graduation.

I remember her saying she hadn't cared at all about it, but even with her saying that I knew she could one day regret everything.

I finished my food and put my plate in the sink,  I checked the time it read nine-thirty.

After breakfast me and sapphire showered and dressed for the road trip, once we finished, and downstairs with our baggage, we made our way outside to pack the car.

Sapphire packed the back seat with a cooler filled with drinks, bread, lunch meat, and other things we liked to eat.

She placed both carry-on bags on the other side of the cooler and two more small bags on the ground.

"The back seats are packed tight." I heard her shut the car door lightly, I finished putting all the camping equipment along with car supplies in the trunk and met everyone at the front door.

She was quick to give our friends who had come outside to wish us off tight hugs.

We all said our goodbyes to each other and promised to keep in touch every day, Sapphire and I gave our last hugs before departing with them.

This is goodbye,  for now.

__________________________________________

A/N.  I know I said chapter twenty-eight was the ending to this story but I felt like it was so dull and I merely wanted it to be good enough for you guys because you deserve this! 

Thank you to everyone who supported me and was kind!  I will forever appreciate it 💗