Chapter Four

Ruby's (POV)

I was walking to my locker for the end of the day, And accidentally got pushed into a couple of girls. I stumbled a little till I got my balance back and got up off the floor, "Hey, watch it! " the group of girls screeched.

"Sorry, I got pushed." I quickly walked away towards my locker without saying another word to the bimbo squad.

I held in my anger until I was alone in the hall. I looked around to make sure people weren't still there.

The hall was empty, just as it had been for a while; I punched the nearest locker making a massive dent in it, And let out a sign.

Thank god it's Friday.

I turned the corner and went down the hall; I got to the end of the hall and found my dirty, rusted-up locker, opening up both my bag and locker. I took out all my heavy school books from my bag and shoved them into my locker.

If I have to run from my dad, I can't have anything weighing me down. My dad is a fast runner.

I slammed my locker shut and made my way down the hall and out the school's front doors.

Wendy said to go to her house after school, should I go? Maybe if I want to live to see tomorrow. I took in a deep breath and started walking. I only had two or three blocks to go, which may seem short, but if you have my life and thoughts, it makes it longer, which sometimes bothers me.

The longer it takes to get there, the better. I made it to my street and didn't see my dad's truck in the driveway. I started to panic

What if He sees me walking to Wendy's? What if he already found out about me going to Wendy's house after school. But how would he find out?

I ran past my house and to Wendy's apartment, not stopping to catch my breath.

As I got there, I knocked on the door, Slamming my fist each time nobody answered.

I went to twist the door handle and opened the entrance, and walked in.

"Wendy, You home?" I shouted out, making my voice echo threw out the living room. It was too quiet for my liking, way too slow.

I grabbed the bat that was by the front door and started my path to Wendy's room.

I found nothing, nothing; everything of Wendy's was gone. Where the hell is she? Did my father have something to do with Wendy leaving? Or did she plan this?

I looked around the whole room and house. Only Wendy's space was empty.

I took a seat on the bottom of the stairs right outside of the kitchen.

I think my dad killed her. Where do I go now?

I checked Wendy's room one more time just in case I missed something, and I made a note that had my name written on it neatly in cursive.

To: Ruby
From: wendy

Do not go home, ruby, at all. Your dad lost it. I wouldn't sell to him anymore. I had to leave. If you need anything call this number (897)492-5793

Be safe
Wendy.

She left me even though she said to come here after school. Where am I supposed to go? What do I do now? Home is where I have to go. I can't not just not go home. I guess I don't know to have much of a choice at all. I took a deep breath. I got up and walked to the front door with the note; maybe if I go through my window, my dad won't notice me or hear me? or not.

I walked out and down the street. I was turning the corner, making my way to my small three-bedroom house.  I walked to the side of my house and went out to the back and got my dad's old ladder and put it on the wind of the place by my window, climbing it I felt someone watching me, turning around I saw a flash of blue, a blue, I saw earlier today.

She doesn't live around here?

I opened my window and climbed in, "Your home late? Where'd you go after school?" That voice made my stomach twisted in knots. I let out a shaky breath, turning around. My lip quivered, and for a moment, I forgot how to breathe.

Don't show any fear. Run.

My palms were sweaty. I wanted to curl up into a ball and die, "You're dead!" My heart stopped, and the warmth from my body left me.

I didn't want to deal with an alcoholic, but I'm forced to sell, And I'm stuck.