Chapter Fourteen

A/N : the apartment right there is the one amethyst and ruby share

" Ruby, do you know where my brush is? " I yelled, and pushed mine and ruby's dirty clothes off my bed, " ruby, have you seen it ?" I threw my thick blue hair in to a messy bun, and hurried to my closet to get dressed.

I couldn't really decide on what to wear, so I just put on a sweatshirt and skinny jeans and threw on my white high top converse's. As soon as I finished up with getting ready I went to find ruby.

Ever since that night ruby got close to me, She hasn't really spoken to me much maybe a 'hey' or 'hi' but that's it nothing else. just staring or avoiding me. I've tried to get her to talk to me but that didn't really work, She barely even stays the night at my house anymore now that her and amethyst got a place, I think that this is the first time in weeks that she's stayed here which is sad I I thought we were getting close, but I guess not.

I walked down stairs and found ruby sitting in the kitchen, " Hey, ruby can I ask you something?" she shrugged her shoulders at me and continued to eat her apple, " You've been acting weird lately is there something going on that you don't wanna tell you?"

Ruby looked at me and back at her apple, " sapphire, I'm fine nothings going on okay. " She gave me a shy smile and got up, I watched as she threw her apple out and grabbed her bag for school, " okay well shall we make are presents at school?" I smiled and grabbed my bag and keys, " we shall."

Me and ruby got lock up my house and walked to my car. I passed ruby the car keys and got in the passenger seat, I watched her as she started the car and back out the drive way I eventually got used to her driving and took my phone out and played minecraft. As soon as I got off my phone ruby parked in the schools parking lot, " Were here already?" ruby nodded and passed the car keys to me , " you sorta zoned out." I made a silent 'oh' and got out the car with my bag, " I'll see you 4th ok." Ruby nodded and walked to Block C, I made my way to Block A where art classes were held.

I looked at the time I had a couple of minutes to spear, I dropped my stuff off at my locker and pulled out my sketchbook and chemistry books, I slammed my locker shut an made my way back to my first period class. I wonder what ruby doing? probably in class, or something like that. I got to my class and sat down in my usual seat and watched the teacher walk around explaining things about art.

first period went by slowly just like third, fourth and fifth but that didn't bother what really bothered me was ruby, she was distant again she even sat across the room in fourth and she was avoiding me in the halls. It's really bothering me and I don't know what to do I've already asked her once about it don't want to ask again and her get mad.

I got up from my seat and grabbed my books and made my way to my locker to put my stuff away, I unlocked my locker and put my books in and grabbed my bag along with my keys since we only had what four or three more periods, I figured I may as well just get everything now so later I won't have to walk half way across the school just to get my keys and other stuff.

I checked the time on my phone and noticed lunch was almost over. I just decided to go to my next class, it isn't that far from my locker anyways. I pushed my bag back on my shoulder and started walking. When I got there the bell rang and I walked inside and took out my text books an a pencil then sat down in the back and began writing down what the teacher put on the board, after I was done I handed in my homework that was due today. nothing exciting happened after that the day just dragged on like usual, all the rest of the classes were spent either getting avoided by ruby or just doing work since pearl and amethyst weren't here there wasn't anyone to talk to considering I'm the biggest loner ever, plus I didn't really have classes with the rest of my friends so yeah.

It was now ninth period and thank the moon goddess for that and the fact that I had a study hall I'm more than grateful right now. I went to the back and sat down and grabbed my book out of my bag and started to read, but that did really happen when every one else came in the whole room turned into a tornado of noise everyone yelling and talking, girls flirting with the jocks, the usual in this study hall. I got up and went to the front of the class where the teacher was, " Mrs. Kelley can I go to the library I have a text I need to study." I lied, she nodded and wrote me a pass. I smiled and thanked her I grabbed my stuff and left the room.

When I got to the library i pushed the door open and walked to one of the tables, I looked around and didn't see much people except for a couple and maybe two teachers, I huffed and sat down to finish reading my romance novel.

I wonder if I'm the reason why ruby's acting different or if its her dad again? I just want to help that's it its not like I'm asking for to much right? all I'm doing is trying to help her with whatever she is going threw.

I shut my book and check the time on my phone, I signed and started to pack all my stuff up we only have two or three minutes left. I walk the book selves where all the romance books were and got another book since I'm almost done with the other book I may as well get another one, i hurried to the librarian and gave her the book. she took the book and smiled at me, " how are you sapphire yo being good?" The biggest smile spread across my face, " you know I'm always good matty." she chuckled and agreed with me than handed me back the book I grabbed, " Yes you are always an angle sapph," I laughed lightly and said my goodbye, just as i picked up my bag the bell rang signaling the end of the day.

I rushed out the library and headed out to my car, oh if your wondering where ruby is I have no clue but usually she is always waiting by my car, but I have feeling she isn't gonna be there today I think she walked home instead.

When I made it to my car I found a sticky note stuck to my windshield but no ruby, I looked around just in case I didn't see her but no luck in doing that. I got in my car and put my key in the ignition before I took the stickt note out of my pocket and in rubys hand writing it said ' going home i felt sick.' i let out a breath of relief and put the note down while starting my car and pulled out of my schools parking lot an drove to ruby's.

****

Hey guys long time no read ( ha seen what I did there yeah ik I'm funny) anyways this chapter was a boring one sorry about that but you'll get something good in the next chapter just don't forget to vote oakyyy.

See yah soon -E