Chapter 31 - Give Me, My Key

(Kadynce's POV)

**FLASHBACK TO JUNIOR YEAR**

"Did you have to invite Jake to an all-girls sleepover?" Nixon asked me, slipping on his boxer briefs.

I rolled my eyes at him as I wrapped my throw blanket around my bare body before getting up from my bed and heading to my bathroom. Mikki, Imogen, Candy, and Jake will be here soon, and Nixon decided to distract me by fooling around. "It's not an all-girl sleepover, Nix. It's just a sleepover with my friends and without my boyfriend and his friends."

"And your dad is allowing you to have Jake here with you girls?" He asked, following me into the bathroom.

I shrugged, turning on my shower. "My dad trusts me, Nixon."

"It's not about trusting you; it's about not being able to trust Jake." He added, crossing arms across his naked tattooed chest. "He just rubs me the wrong way."

"Well, stop letting him rub you." I giggled.

Nixon tried to hold an annoyed facial expression but failed as he chuckled slightly. "Shut up."

"Make me." I sassed, handing my blanket to Nixon. "Can you put this back on my bed?" He took the blanket as he checked me out with a smirk. "Nixon, go!" I giggled. "My parents are going to be here soon, and you know how they feel about us having sex in the house. They'll kill us."

"I'm going." He chuckled, pulling me into him and kissing me hard on the lips.

I giggled against his lips right before I pushed him away. "Go. Get dressed and open a window."

I showered quickly, and by the time I was done my parents had gotten home as Nixon left once, they arrived. He was only staying behind to keep me company, he didn't want me to be home alone. My family had left a couple of hours ago to have dinner at Uncle Nico's house with Uncle Slade. I couldn't go because I had to stay late after school to finish my history project with my group.

We finally finished it today, so now, I'm free for the weekend and decided to invite my friends over for a sleepover. Nixon doesn't like the idea because he wasn't invited, but he's in college now so I decided to leave them out of it.

Imogen and Mikki ended up riding home with my parents and siblings, so they arrived with them. They helped me set everything up in the guest house; snacks, pizza, games, and I even snuck a bottle of wine from my parents' liquor cabinet. They have so much alcohol that they won't even notice it's missing.

We set up everything in the main room.

"So, I know you saw the new guy, Jeff Mills?" Imogen smiled at me, taking a seat on the floor with us. We played a friendly game of Uno while we waited for Jake and Candy to get here. The last time I spoke to Jake he said that his older brother Mitch is giving them a ride.

Mikki chimed in with a sly giggle. "Oh, I saw him. I saw him making googly eyes at our cousin." She eyed me teasingly. "But I'm sure Kadynce didn't see him."

I did.

"I saw him." I spoke in a light tone, not looking at my cousins as I shuffled the cards. "He's cute, but not as cute as Nixon." I smirked, finally looking up at them to see all four of their eyes roll.

Imogen was the first one to speak. "No one is cuter than Pierce." She mocked me in a little squeaky voice, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Right." I giggled as I agreed with her even knowing that she was just being sarcastic.

Mikki laughed with us as I passed out the seven cards to each of us. "Get it out now because Jake isn't going to appreciate the Pierce talk when he gets here tonight."