Chapter 14 - Riiight, A Tour

(Nixon's POV)

It's been a week since I flew to North Carolina and brought Kadynce home to her family. And ever since then, I have forgotten that I had a life of my own.

Nikkol.

Kadynce.

Jason.

Those three people are all I think about.

My work at my dealerships and shops has fallen so far behind that I had to have my managers take care of my business. Work that is definitely out of their scope.

And I didn't even feel bad about it.

I wanted to take time off for my family, but I don't think that's a good idea, not right now. I have locations opening in Michigan in two weeks and I don't want to screw that up.

Plus, I have to fly down to Michigan for the opening, so falling behind in work is not ideal.

I even fell behind in my social life, I barely spoke to my friends, especially Hendrix. That I feel bad about. I haven't seen Fallon in a while either, and I usually always make time for her because she is my Goddaughter.

Goddad; a job that I am currently sucking at.

In the past week, I've been getting calls from my friends, but I don't answer. I also texted back with a lame message about how busy I was.

Friend; I'm sucking at that too.

I just wanted to make everything right and let them know that I'm okay.

I already know that Maddy didn't hold anything in, they know about Nikkol. I'm pretty sure they all do.

Zayne.

Jesse.

Hendrix.

I was glad. I want them to know.

And Roxy; she has been the only one to meet Nikkol. She had a chance to meet her at the most recent baseball game.

I didn't want to bombard Nikkol, so I only allowed Roxy to greet her and say a few things to her before I made her go away.

I know how Roxy can be, and if I let her, she'll talk Nikkol into a fucking coma.

Can't let that happen.

I don't need her scaring away my baby girl, I'm just getting to know her.

Man, I have a daughter...

It's been almost two weeks since I found out and I still can't wrap my head around it, and that's okay. As my new-found title gave me the feeling of strength and importance; like any superhero.

I constantly have the emotion of wanting to be the best me at every part of the day.

I want to be her hero.

And Jason's too.

The extension of Kadynce.

He is so small, tough, but delicate.

Like Kadynce.

I love him because he is of Kadynce, I can't help it. I love and care for anything that Kadynce cares for because I love her. If she cared about my worst enemy, against my better judgment, I would probably care for them too.

She is so passionate, and that passion was only passed down to her kids. I know because they have a huge passion; their mother. They worship the ground that she stands on. Her every move is their concern.

They are all so passionate about each other that Jake couldn't see that there's no way to destroy that. That passion and emotion that Kadynce held for her kids probably saved her life more than once.