Chapter 15 - Are You Okay?

(Kadynce's POV)

"Happy Birthday to you!" We all sang. "Happy Birthday, dear Nikki, Happy Birthday to you!"

"Yay!" I raved, clapping my hands like a mad lady.

My baby is six today.

I can't believe it.

She has gotten so big.

And I want her to stop.

I want her to stay my baby girl. Forever.

Leaning down, I kissed Nikkol on her cheek. "I love you, baby."

She smiled, tilting her chin up to the sky to look at me above her head. "I love you too, Mommy." Nikki then looked to the right at her daddy. "I love you too, Daddy."

Nixon placed his arm around my shoulders before leaning down next to me, kissing her forehead just like I did. "I love you more, baby girl."

Nixon and I were planning to take Nikkol to Disneyworld for her birthday, but since I'm all beat up, we decided to go as a family once I'm better.

Nixon helped Nikki cut her cake as we all stood around her to watch.

Every one of my siblings was here, even Ricky as he was finally back from his honeymoon. I also let Lucia invite her girlfriend,

My parents.

Zayne and his family.

Roxy. I didn't know how I feel about that one, but she is close to Nixon, so I allowed it.

Jesse, Lily, and her daughter;

Mel, Beau, and Stryker.

Hendrix and Fallon.

Mikki came down.

Uncle Slade, Aunt Kia, and their kids.

Uncle Nico, Aunt Ronnie, and their youngest.

Imogen was even here with her parents.

Gosh, I have missed everyone so much; lots of hugs and lots of kisses.

My parents' house was spacious enough, plus, the backyard is huge and big enough to fit everything needs for her party. Which was a last-minute thing considering everything that happened in the last few weeks, and we didn't know what we wanted to do for her birthday. But I also didn't want it to seem like we forgot about her because we couldn't.

I promised her that she would still be celebrated.

And she's never had a party before, so I thought that it'd be perfect.

"I think she looks more like Pierce." I heard my mom say, she and Aunt Ronnie talking about Nikki. They were both smiling wide at her, watching her and Nixon pass out the cake.

Ronnie is absolutely obsessed with my baby girl.

She nearly lost it when she saw her.

Aunt Ronnie shook her head. "No way, she has Kadynce's shape of everything."

"Hair; yes." Mom nodded. "Complexion; yes. But she has Pierce's eyes, cheeks, smile, and nose."

Ronnie stared at her a little more before nodding. "I think you're right."

I rolled my eyes.

"She looks like Nixon to me too." I told them, giggling as I rubbed Nixon's lower back.

I have been touchier with Nixon after the night at his house; we've been that way with each other, honestly.

We can't help it.