Chapter 16 - Let's Go To Your Room

**CAUTION: REALLY LONG CHAPTER**

(Nixon's POV)

"So, Fallon and Nikki are pretty much inseparable now." I chuckled, glancing over at Kadynce in the passenger seat.

We were our way back to my place to get ready for Jesse's and Lily's engagement party. We have just dropped off Fallon at home, also Nikkol and Jason at Kadynce's parents' house.

She smiled. "Yeah, if I were you, I'd expect slumber parties at your house every weekend." Kadynce laughed.

"Yeah, I need to warn Drix." I joked.

She giggled. "Right."

"Are you excited about tonight?" I asked her because I wanted to make sure. The last party was a little too much for Kadynce, or at least Roxy and I was.

It was crazy how one little thing triggered Kadynce into a panic attack, laying out everything she had bottled up.

I heard Kadynce talking to Imogen, Mikki, and Maddy before everyone ran to the kitchen after hearing Kadynce freaking out from the living room. But what she doesn't know is that I was freaking out too. I felt helpless, and it wasn't the first time Kadynce had me feeling that way.

I just wanted to make her feel better.

And no one else seemed to know what to do so I stepped in.

So, after that, I had to talk to Roxy about Kadynce. I had to tell her that we can't be the way we were before Kadynce. We can't cuddle, touch intimately, or barely hug.

I needed Kadynce to know that I am completely and totally here for her and only her intimately.

I know she's a bit traumatized because of what happened over six years ago, so I need to assure her that it's not going to happen again.

Because what happened at Nikki's party yesterday, made me feel like complete shit.

She thought about it for a long moment before answering me. "I wouldn't say I'm overly excited to attend. More like I'm excited to celebrate Jesse and Lily."

I nodded, accepting her answer.

Now, I know to be extra attentive to her tonight, but I got to do it discretely because I don't want her to realize that I'm walking on eggshells around her.

It'll upset her.

"Well, just remember that you got me, and if you're annoyed of me, then know that you have Maddy, Imogen, Drix, Lily, Zayne, Jess, and even Roxy." She giggled as I named every one of our friends.

"Shut up." She shook her head, amused. Comfortable with the silence, a long moment passed. "And I'll never get annoyed with you, Nix." Kadynce added, looking ahead.

Beaming, I pulled into my garage as we were now at my house. Closing it behind us, we exited the car and headed inside.

And for some reason, my body and mind thought it was okay to get excited because I was here; home with Kadynce alone. Literally, I started to get a hard-on.

I had to think away my dirty thoughts on our way to the kitchen.

Nothing is going to happen right now, but my body really wanted it to as I could barely hide my excitement about Kadynce.

"When are we leaving?" She asked me.

I shrugged, looking at the clock on my microwave. "I would say, in about two hours," I suggested. "Roxy should be over soon." I added. "I know it takes her forever to get ready."