Chapter 6 - What's Wrong, Uncle P?

(Nixon's POV)

It's been a rough 24 hours.

That's due to Xander, Kadynce's little brother, dropping a huge bomb on me. He told me that Kadynce was here; in Minnesota; less than a half an hour away.

My heart wanted to go find her, run to her, and tell her that nothing about Ms. Daniels and I is true. That I love her and I would never in a million years cheat on her. I want her back and I would do anything to have her back in my life.

I need her.

I want her.

I would take her back under any circumstance.

The fact that she is in the same city as me is literally killing me from the inside out.

I just want to run to her, to kiss her, and to hug her.

Suddenly, the door opened and in walked Jared, he looked at me with his business face. "Boss, Luke is here." He told me but then eyed me closely. "Wow, you look like shit."

"Thanks, Jared." I nodded as I chewed the rest of my food, and tossed my trash back in the McDonald's bag. "After I'm done with Luke, I'll come see you. Pack your shit."

Jared laughed and stepped out of the door. "Okay."

Knowing what I was about to do next, my stomach turned into knots, but it's not like it's my fault I have to.

I went into the garage to find Luke, he was working on a car. It was the same car that he had been working on for the past two days. The customer was set to pick it up today around noon, which we will be late for.

He has left the car unfinished for more than two days, so the fuck up will be on our part, not the customer's.

Now, I wouldn't be upset if the job was a big one, but it was minor; just a tune-up. It's not a hard task nor a lengthy one, and the only reason why it's still here is because the customer is out of town and wanted it worked on while he was gone.

"Hey, Luke." I greeted him. He was underneath the car working, so I felt even worse that I had to drop this shit on him.

I understand that life happens and sometimes people can't make it to work, but I have given him more than enough chances. He has worked here for almost a year, in the beginning it was great. Customers loved him, but now he is becoming lazy and incompetent.

"Yeah, Boss?" He answered me.

"I need to speak with you, come out from under there." I told him, sighing.

Luke continued to work as I heard the socket wrench clicking. "Boss, no disrespect, but I need to get this car finished." He told me. "I haven't even changed the fuel  filter yet."

I suppressed a growl. "You told me that you changed out the fuel filter a day ago." I was trying hard not to get angry. "That was the only reason I let you go home early like you requested."

"Fuck." Luke muttered, the sound of the socket wrench stopped. "I did say that."

"Luke get from under there." I demanded of him now. "I'll have one of the other guys finish this car."

Luke dropped the wrench and wheeled himself from underneath the car. He stood up while he used his rag to wipe off his dirty hands. "Well, where do you want me?" He asked.

I nodded my head, biting the bullet. "Listen, I'm just going to get straight to the point." Luke lifted his head, ears open. "Luke, I got to let you go."