27.11. - 11/27 - Poopsie Sparklie Critters - A slime surprise

»How is your leg feeling?«
   »It's alright,« Annus grunted, supporting his weight on Unus's shoulder. »I can take it.«

Unus looked down with concern. 'Alright' isn't exactly the word he would have picked for a dirty and extremely bloody leg. They walked over to the smooth walls, looking for an exit to the circular room.

»If I...« Annus drew air through clenched teeth. »If I stand on your back I can maybe reach the opening.«
   »You can barely stand on the ground.«
»Good point.«

They continued to examine the wall inch by inch, running their hands over it's surface. There were tears and cracks in the concrete here and there, but nothing that would indicate another hidden passage.

They must have searched for hours. The spotlight that fell through the opening had wandered from one end of the room to another. By now, it was creeping up the wall.

Unus leaned against the wall, sliding down. »I hate this. Should we just go back the way you can from?«
The mental image of that woman was enough for Annus to vehemently shake his head. »Let's try a little longer.« Plus, going back meant that he had to go back to a place where Dark and Blank could observe them. »Going back isn't an option.«

He sat down besides Unus with his legs crossed. His exhausted friend put his face into his palms. He put a hand on his back, giving him a pat. He wish that he had something to say. Something positive, or motivating. But he didn't find any fitting words.

Something behind his buddy grabbed his attention. »Unus, look at this!« Annus shook his arm. He pointed up to the wall above Unus's head. Something glittered in the evening sun.

With newfound vigor, Unus got up and took a closer look at it. Something was seeping through a long crack in the wall, reaching from the floor to over his head. Annus stood up, looking at the crack as well.
  »There must be something behind there.«
»Step aside.« Annus leaned back, and threw a powerful punch against the wall.

Pain shot through his knuckles as his fist connected. He cursed, waving his hand trough the air. Unus looked at him dumbfounded. »Did you really just try and punch a solid concrete wall?«

»Did you have a better idea?« Annus snapped back, hunched over and holding his right hand.

»No,« Unus admitted. »But maybe...« He stopped mid sentence when the wall behind him made a noise. It was half  of a crack, half of a gurgle. Metal rods broke free from their concrete prison as the wall bulged outward. Gelatinous, glittering fluid was pouring out of the cracks.

Unus could only raise his arms before the wall broke with a thunderous noise that echoed through the long tunnels. A massive wave of rainbow colored slime tore it apart. The force of the wave pulled the two with it, dragging them to the other side of the room.

»Guess there was another hidden tunnel,« Annus said, wiping the slimy substance off his face. The new tunnel was looking infinitely brighter than the last ones.
Unus offered him a hand, and he pulled himself up. »I swear to God, you can throw my leg away after all of this.«

They looked into the tunnel. If Annus had to summarize it in one word, it would have been 'sparkly'. Not just that slime, but the walls too.
After an exchange of looks and shrugged nods, they made their way down the new path.