07.01 - 07/01 - The sensory overload tank

He jumped, a breakneck stunt off the collapsing stilt. His body stretched out like a cat's, before he caught himself with his hands, finishing in a smooth overhead roll.
Unus helped him get up. »You good?«
   »I'm fine.« Aside from his pride, everything seemed to be intact.
He grabbed Unus's hand and got up. »I'll beat'cha next time.«
   »Sure you will.« His buddy laughed. Reluctantly, Annus had to admit that he'd have a real tough time going up against Unus.
During the time they've spent here so far, he had been training almost constantly. While Annus had no problems manifesting things he knew well like the bat or various knifes from Marks kitchen, he had no problem pulling the craziest things out of thin air.

Then again, his expertise was controlling the energy flow inside his body, Annus thought while heading to the spa room Marvin had added to the workout area. Even Unus couldn't match the speed and strength he could fabricate deep within his muscles.
The first time he pulled it off, it felt like all adrenaline in his body had been released at once. The energy rushed to his hand, and he crushed a yaegers head like a grape.

Speaking of muscles, his were sore. Once they arrived at the spa room, he quickly got rid of the sweaty clothes and walked over to a large tub near the wall. It looked similar to the one Mark had in his bathroom, but this one was larger.
He let himself sink into the hot water and let out a content sigh. His head flopped back, and he closed his eyes. The tension in his calves relaxed, and a soft, warm vanilla scent filled the air. He could lay here forever.

A light flickered above him. He opened his eyes halfway, and the flickering came back, this time with a higher intensity.
Something's not right, was all he could think of before hell broke loose. With the force of a thunderstorm riding down the side of a mountain, music began to blare. The vocalist either had no vocal cords or didn't value them a lot.

He tried to get up. The bass was literally rearranging the breakfast inside his stomach.
The light came back, even brighter thos time. The water switched from cold to boiling hot in seconds. The calm vanilline smell had been replaced with what it must smell like to chop a whole citron into a basket of eggs.
The flashing light made him dizzy. He jerked his hand up and tried to shield his eyes, slipping in the process.
His head hit the ceramic.

Unus barged in, a towel wrapped around his hip. When he saw his friend laying on the floor face down, he ran over. »I heard you scream! Is everything alright?«
    Annus slowly raised his head. He felt the back of his head, but although there was a quickly growing bump, there didn't seem to be any blood.
He didn't bother the wipe the wet hair out of his face. Neither did he bother to answer Unus. A single word left his mouth, a low, almost growling tone.
    »Marvin.«

Marvin the Magnificent had seen many, many things during his life. He had been to multiple planes, all with their own immeasurable beauty, and their equally immeasurable horrors. He had layed his eyes on things that most likely would have been incomprehensible to the mind of a mere mortal. There had been times he had thought that he had seen everything, only to be proven wrong by what he could only explain as the universe having a truly unique sense of humor.

Few of these things however have been as terrifying as a wet, naked, and very angry Annus barreling towards him with sheer inhuman speed.