28.02 - 02/28 - Blowing our souls into hot glass

The temple had grown quiet. Unus had dozed off, Annus tried to get some rest as well, and Dark stared at the wall in absolute boredom. Not even Gupti broke the silence. It almost felt sacred in a way.
He had returned to the room with the small pond. There weren't many preparations he had to take. After all, this was his mission. He had been ready since his creation. Still, there was one precaution he wanted to take. He didn't do it because the Architect told him, but because he thought it would be the best. It was a strange feeling. Not that the Architect would have forbidden him to think for himself, on the contrary. He had just never felt the need to before.

The water was cold when he put his hand into the pond. Both freezing and refreshing at the same time. When he pulled it out, small crystalline shards layed in his palm. He closed his fist around them. Gentle, as if he handled an egg. He lifted his hand to his mouth and blew into his fist. When he opened it, the shards had been fused together, forming a crystal as clear as the water had been cold.
He took the crystal and opened a door on the far side of the room. It led outside, to a small garden. In it's center, a metal bowl had been perched up on stick. There was a quiet, smokeless fire burning inside. Gupti carefully let the crystal fall into the flame. It glowed blue and red as it melted.

He took another metal tube off the ground and fished for the molten crystal. It stuck to the end, and he blew into it. The crystal expanded and  glimmed red with each breath breathed into it.
Soon, the crystal took the form of a vial, and as the red glow subsided, Gupti took it off the rod. For a third and final time, he blew into the crystal glass, filling it with a blue fog, glimmering and glowing not unlike the one above the water.

He looked at the vial in his hand. The blue shimmer swirled around slowly, almost as if it had a life on it's own. As the sun began to set over the small garden, all doubts he might have had vanished. He was ready.