08.01 - 01/08 - Recreating ourselves as cursed Mannequin

Dark looked up when he heard a thud coming from upstairs. For a painfully long moment, he held his breath, fearing that they had some how found out about him. Unus and Annus had gotten a lot stronger, and he was still puzzled by the fact that the pesky mage hadn't noticed him yet.
He had been hiding in the basement for some time now. The Machine was pervaded by an enormous network of tunnels and back ways. As he had realized, he had only scratched the surface of this large web during his time with Blank.

He must have stumbled through it for days, if not weeks, only clinging on to the faint thread that would lead him to Annus. At times it had been little more than a concept.
But two days before he arrived in the cellar, the energy became more perceivable. Finally, he found himself underneath a large safe room near the exact center of the Machine.

It was strange, he thought to himself. The safe rooms seemed to be modeled after the places that Mark and Ethan felt safe in. The basement of Marks house however was still accessible to him, meaning that it wasn't part of the safe room.
He decided not to think too much about it. He already knew that Mark had a lot of skeletons in his closet. Perhaps some have found their way downstairs.

He walked over to his workbench. It was more of a table next to a wall of tools, but it was more than what he needed.
His hand wandered over the soft fabric. The thing that layed atop the table closely resembled a human, at least in shape and color. Creating all the materials he needed had been exhausting, but it had been well worth it.

The mannequin looked almost perfect, safe for a few kinks here and there. Then again, what would be so life without them? The longer he looked at it, the more it felt as if it resembled him. The smooth, black long hair, the toned body... truly a work of art.
His fingers traced the facial features of a yaeger's mask he had used to substitute the face. An ill-favoured white mark on a spotless body. Luckily he wouldn't need it anymore one he inhabited the mannequin.

However, there was another theory he wanted to test out before he made the jump. After all, he still was in possession of Celines body. It would be a shame to let it go to waste without at least figuring out it's limits.

Sadly, he couldn't do it from here. It would probably take another day to find the main entrance to the safe room, but if the things worked out like he planned (which they almost always did) Unus and Annus would be in for a treat.