17.01 - 01/17 - 2 absolute beginners experience the glory that is Salsa

Luís sighed. His eyes wandered over the content of the folder titled "UA_Vid_17.01.20". The recordings once again were over an hour long, all of them.
He clicked on the attached readme document. Of course, it barely contained any instructions, but what did he expect?
   »Hi Lixian,« it read. »I'm sure you can make this video of us dancing Salsa great. Feel free to add yourself in for comedic effect.«
Signed, Mark.

Another sigh escaped him. There were almost four hours of video footage in total. Most of it would be corrupted anyway. Problem was, there wasn't a pattern to it. Bits and pieces of usable video material would randomly be sprinkled in with static, sudden drops in quality and footage without sound.

Lixian decided that it was time for a coffee. He couldn't deal with this without caffeine in his bloodstream. The hot, dark liquid felt as if it went straight from his throat to his veins.

As he clicked the video, he once again wondered if it all was worth it. He's been onto Mark for how long? Seven, no eight years. Eight long years he had grasped for every thread he could find, trying to get just that big closer to Mark and his secrets. Hell, he even thaught himself how to code, just so he could properly analyze the videos.

The first fourty minutes were absolutely unusable. A solid grey screen, only broken by occasional glitches or corrupted audio.
Finally, he got to some usable video material. His first cup was already well gone, and he was deep in the second one.
He leaned forward, looking for anything that might be out of the ordinary. Sadly, the uncorrupted video footage seemed as normal as could be.

He rewind, once again checking the footage. He hit pause, gasping for air. Luís leaned in closer to the screen. Ethan's mirror image was wearing a black suit, looking exactly like the character he was playing for the channel.
He leaned back. Maybe this whole thing had just become bigger than just Mark. He always thought that Ethan simply wasn't aware of what was going on, but perhaps he had been wrong.

He needed somebody to call. He dialed the only person he could think of.
   »Hey Rachel? This is Luís. Lixian. I'm editing for Unus Annus as well. Do you have a minute?«
   »Yes, sure. What can I help you with?«
»Listen, I know this may sound strange, but have you ever noticed something weird about the Unus Annus footage?«
    »No.«
»Are you sure? The videos are always super glitchy and corrupted on my end.«
    »All videos are perfectly normal.« He voice was strangely monotonous.

Luís closed his eyes. Her voice did not leave room for arguing. »I see. Thank you for your time.«
   »My pleasure.«
He hung up, staring at his screen, his hands folded under his chin. He'd figure this out, one way or another.