18.12 - 12/18 - Giving away our 1,000,000 Subscriber Gold Play Button

It took Annus a few seconds to realize where they were. The scenery was so familiar that it didn't even occur to him that is was strange to be here.
    »Wait, this is...«
»Marks house,« he finished Unus's sentence. »Marvin, you're a goddamn genius.«
    »I know, but thank's for noticing.«
The jewel flickered with every word. »There's enough food and water for weeks. Massive amounts of corn and Pop Tarts, even I'm not quite sure why.«  Unus's eyes lit up at the mention of Pop Tarts.

»Oh and also, there's a computer. You two might want to check out that little project of yours.«
The channel. Annus hadn't even thought about that. With everything that happened, it had completely slipped his mind. He crammed the insect device into his pocket and began his search for the computer. He found it resting on a white desk on the second floor.
It was more a small shelf than a desk really, he could comfortably access it while standing up.
Unus joined him, clenching his hand in anticipation. The device started up, the monitor glowing brightly. It made him squint for a second.

The mouse hovered over the red icon. He could feel his hand shake a little. Careful, as if handling a wild animal, he clicked it.
A window popped up, displaying analytics, thumbnails of videos and a whole mass of numbers.
They collectively held their breath. Annus grabbed the desk. He couldn't believe it. There had to be an error. He counted the zeroes again.
    »That's One Million views,« Unus whispered. »One million people. Do you know what we could do with the support of One Million people?«
Annus nodded, his eyes transfixed on the number before them. One million people. If they would get one million people to help them, they would be out of the machine in no time.
The only question was how to reach them.

He clicked the latest video. Mark and Ethan met up with a fan, apparently the winner of a giveaway. Annus stared at her face. She was one in a million. Literally.
The watched the whole video in silence. Just as it faded to black, the timer appeared.
    »We've lost a whole month,« he said in a low tone. Unus however wouldn't have any of that negativity. »And we've gained one MILLION people.«

Annus decided that he was right. There was no use crying over spilled milk. They still had the major potion of the year left.