xiv.

Adele let out a groan as Finstock blew his whistle yelling at some kid. "Yo, Scotty!" Stiles spoke from behind her. "Hey, yo, Scotty? You still with me?" Stiles continued, causing Adele to look up from her fetal position on the uncomfortable bus seat.

"Yeah, sorry, what's the word?" Scott answered. "Anachronism." Stiles spoke.

"Something that exists out of its normal time." Scott answered as Adele looked weakly at the teen wolf.

"Nice. Okay, next word. Incongruous." Stiles turned to Adele. "Sentence?" Adele questioned as she tried to ignore the pounding of her head.

"It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now on our way to some stupid cross-country meet after what just happened. Incongruous." Stiles replied sarcastically.

"Out of place, ridiculous, absurd." Scott spoke up as he saw defeat and sorrow full the blonde's eyes.

"Perfect. Okay, next word." Stiles continued as he ignored to sorrowful blonde in front of him. "Um, Darach." Stiles then spoke.

"Darach, it's a noun." Stiles continued, causing Adele to glare at him.

"We have to talk about it sometime, okay?" Stiles spazzed out. "And we're gonna be stuck in this thing for, like, five hours, so why not?" Stiles turned his head over to Scott.

Adele just continued to stare blankly at the human. "Next word...intransigent." Stile gave in. "Stubborn, obstinate." Adele finally spoke up. The bus then went over a bump, Adele and Scott groaning out in pain.

"Oh, buddy, you okay?" Stiles questioned Scott, as he already heard the snappy response of Adele earlier. "We shouldn't have come, I knew it! We shouldn't have come!" Stiles yelled as Scott only groaned in response.

"We had to. There's safety in numbers." Adele spoke up, remembering what Derek had told her.

"Yeah, well, there's also death in numbers, okay? It's called a massacre" Stiles retorted.

"Or blood bath, or carnage, slaughter, butchery, wow, that's..." Stiles continued to list as he stared at the tablet.

"Stiles." Adele spoke alarmed as she looked over to see Scott's face contort in pain again, hell she could feel it.

"All right, Scott, I'm telling Coach that-" Stiles began. "No. No, no, no. I'm alright." Scott argued. "Well, you don't look alright." informed the boy.

"Neither of you look alright." Stiles then added as he looked over at Addie.

"Would you just let me see it?" Stiles questioned. "No." Scott snapped. "I'm okay." he continued. "Just let me see it, okay?' Stiles tried again.

"Okay." Scott then nodded. Adele peaked over the seat as she watched Scott lift his shirt up. "Holy shit." the girl breathed out as the marked unevenly spread upon his ribcage. "

I know it's bad, but it's because they're from an Alpha. It'll take longer to heal." Scott argued.

"How come Boyd and Isaac are fine then?" Stiles questioned.

"They're injuries were less extensive." Adele bullshitted, rubbing her temples.

"You're not even physically injured, Ads. This can't be normal." Stiles then argued with her.