i.

EDITED

Adele Whittemore gasped awake, looking around her dark bedroom frantically in search of the red eyes that were haunting her. The room was clear with no movement or fragments of light detectable. Adele tried to close her eyes again as she pulled the white comforter closer to her body. She shuffled around, pulling the fabric closer and closer in search of safety.

Eventually, she sighed in defeat, tiredly getting out of her bed and heading to the door that connected her room to her brother's. "Jack?" Adele called out as she entered the next room. Looking around, the girl was confused when there was no sign of his presence. Moving further into the room, a hissing echoed from behind her. Fear flooded her system as she slowly turned to her right to see a scaled lizard-like body climbing up the wall. A scream got caught in the girl's throat as she stared at the creature.

The creature lunged at the girl, scratching her across the chest, before running away and out of her sight. Adele's body slammed back into the wall from the Kanima's force, her vision blurring at the impact. A dark shadow cautiously moved toward her, clothed in black, a hood disguising their face.

"You're going to be a problem for me, aren't you?" Matt Daehler leaned down in front of the blonde, who desperately tried to move further away. The young boy grinned as he cocked his head at the teenage girl. He took a piece of her dirty blonde hair twirling it around, before grabbing the rest harshly. With a hard grip, he slammed her head into the door, knocking her out completely.

Adele awoke the next morning with little memory of the previous night. She awoke on her brother's bed, dried blood on her chest and the sheets that someone had covered her with.

"Addie?" Jackson questioned as he entered the room to see his sister on his bed. "Jackson?" Adele called back, a dull pounding in her head. "W-what happened?" the young girl groaned, sitting up.

"I don't know, I-I woke up and you were next to me. Your head was bleeding, and so was your chest." Jackson explained. In his hand was the camera he had set up in hopes of catching his werewolf transformation.

"You blacked out again last night didn't you?" Adelle asked as she pointed to the spot where Jackson's bite had faded from. "I don't know, Addie." Jackson answered. The teenager felt anger as he shook his head at his lack of memory.

"We have to get to school before mom and dad notice the giant gash on your chest. C'mon, I'll help you clean up." Jackson offered. Adele nodded, letting her brother gently remove the white sheet from the preluding wound on her chest.

Unfortunately for Adele, she had gym first period, which made it incredibly hard for her new injury covered. Cleaning and treating the wound almost made her and Jackson late, and she forgot to grab a long sleeve shirt for gym class. This left her in her gym shorts and a white muscle shirt.

"Hey, Addie." Stiles Stilinski appeared next to her. "Hey." Adele smiled as Scott McCall also appeared near her as well. "Are you bleeding?" the werewolf quickly picked up the scent of her blood. Stiles looked at Scott dumbfounded at his question, but the look on Scott's face prevented Stiles from interrupting. "Uh, no?" Adele tried to cover up her wound, it took everything in her not to look at her chest to see if the wound was visible.

"What's that?" Stiles pointed to the bright red claw mark peeking out the top of her tank top. "Nothing. I'm fine." Adele adjusted her shirt, hoping to remove suspicion. "Addie." Stiles gave the blonde a pointed look. "You wouldn't believe me, even if I told you." Adele brushed off the conversation. Scott went to speak again but was interrupted by Coach. "McCall, Argent, to the wall." the man looked at his clipboard.