vi.

EDITED

Adele stood in her workout clothes, her skin glowing from the previous training she had with Derek and his pack. "What is that?" Isaac pointed toward the wooden chest, tracing the engravings on it. "It's a triskelion." Boyd surprised everyone with his immediate answer. "Spirals mean different things; past, present, future. Mother, father, child." Boyd further explained with everyone's eye on him. "You know what it means to me?" Derek looked at his beta expectantly, curious about his knowledge. "Alpha, beta, omega?" Boyd's educated guess put a smile on Adele's face. "That's right." Adele smile more at Derek's surprised response.

"It's a spiral, it reminds us that we can all rise to one and fall to another." Derek stood up from his crouched position at the chest. "Betas can become alpha, but alphas can also fall to betas or even omegas." Derek looked at Boyd as he explained its meaning. "Like Scott?" Isaac gained Derek's attention. "Scott's with you." Adele gave Isaac a pointed look. "Really? Where is he now?" Isaac continued to challenge, looking at Adele annoyed. "He's looking for Jackson." Derek stepped in, breaking the glares. "Don't worry, he's not going have it easy tonight either. None of us will." Derek moved back to the original topic. "There's a price you pay for this kind of power." Derek leaned down into the chest and began pulling out chains.

"You get the ability to heal, but tonight you're going to want to kill anything you can find." Derek handed over the chains to Isaac. "Good thing I had my period last week, then." Erica's joke amused the pack of men. "Well, this one's for you." Derek returned her energy, holding up a headband with screws. "How fun." Adele grinned as she mocked the blonde. The sound of Adele's phone ringing interrupted the moment. Adele pulled her phone out of the side pocket of her leggings and groaned at the name that flashed up on her screen.

"Hey, Lydia." Adele answered nicely, glaring at Isaac's amused face. "Where are you? Did you forget what today is?" Lydia immediately grilled the blonde, who had in fact forgotten the day. "It's my birthday! I'm at Allison's, all we're missing is you." Lydia pursed her lips from the other side of the phone. "I'll be there in a few minutes, I'm at Derek's." Adele sighed as Lydia made a sound of acknowledgment before hanging up. "You're actually going to that?" Isaac looked at Adele expectantly. "It's funny that you think I have a choice, I'd invite you but-" Adele motioned to the chest of restraints sarcastically. Isaac let out a noise of annoyance, sending an unamused looked at the blonde.

"How many outfits do you plan on wearing tonight?" Allison asked amused as Adele tried on the outfit Lydia had given her. The dress was white and looked perfect with Adele's skin tone, but was definitely not her normal style. "It's my birthday party." Lydia laughed at Allison's words. "I'm thinking host dress." Lydia picked up her first dress of the evening, a tight striped dress. "Evening dress, then after-hours casual." Lydia continued to look at the bed of dresses.

"I noticed that you didn't send out any invites." Allison hesitantly brought up. "Biggest party of the year, Allison. Everyone knows." Lydia brushed off the comment. "I was wondering if maybe, this year things, you know, might be different." Allison kept pushing as Lydia continued to unpack her Macy's bag. "Why would anything be different?" Lydia hardly acknowledged Allison's point. "Just because things have been off lately. Things and people." she kept trying to walk around Lydia's new social status.

"Like Jackson." Allison gave a poor example as Lydia gave Adele another outfit to try. "What do you care about Jackson?" Lydia finally paid attention to Allison, glaring at the mention of her ex-boyfriend. "Do you know if he's coming tonight?" Allison made a slight head movement as she tried to downplay her question. "Everyone's coming." Lydia got serious, before taking a small breath. "This one's American Rag." Lydia rechanneled her positive energy. "Hmm, I love it. For me, not you." Lydia held the piece of clothing to her body. "This one's material girl." Lydia held up another dress with a slightly aggressive facial expression. "That's for you." Lydia whispered to Allison, as Adele finished changing into the second outfit.