xii.

Adele smiled as she watched the fireflies float around her, when suddenly she heard screaming. The blonde's head snapped in the direction of the scream and she allowed her body to take off.

Adele's body came to a sudden stop as she spotted Boyd, completely transformed. The woman heard whimpers as Boyd began to shake the metal shed in front of him. Adele let out a warning growl, alerting Boyd of her presence.

Boyd ignored the woman and began to lift the shed up, throwing it to the side. Adele's instincts kicked in as she saw the two children in danger, and she immediately charged at the deranged beta.

Adele used all of her power to knock the giant teenager down, Boyd was quick to retaliate though. The teen shoved her off and scratched her across the face with is claws.

Adele let out a massive growl at the boy, her eyes beaming a bright red. Confusion and fear shook the beta, giving Adele enough time to grab the children and run.

Adele quickly transformed back to her human form, scooping up the boy and grabbing the girls' hand. "Come on, I won't let him hurt you." the woman promised.

"What are you?" the boy questioned in amazement. "I'm a protector." Adele answered the boy. "Cool." he breathed out, causing the woman to let out a breathy laugh.

Once the three were far enough away from Boyd, Adele stopped. "Did he hurt you at all?" Adele questioned as she set the boy down next to his sister.

"No." the boy shook his head. "How about you?" Adele then asked the girl, who frightenly shook her head.

"He hurt you." she then spoke, pointing at the blood dripping from Adele's face.

"I'll be okay." Adele promised. "How about we get you home?" she then asked the kids.

___

"Is that them?" Adele questioned as she approached both Derek and Scott from behind. "We're not the only ones that decided to stick together." Derek nodded.

"Is that going to make it easier or harder to catch them." Scott questioned. "I don't know." Derek responded, Adele grabbing his hand.

"Derek, Adele saw Boyd try to rip two little kids apart, are they going to do that to everyone they find?" Scott asked worried. "Everyone and anyone." Derek answered, pulling Adele with him.

"Is that why you were late?" Derek questioned the girl. "Yeah, I heard the kids when I got out of the car." Adele explained, wiping at the healed cut on her left cheek.

"Did he see your eyes?" Derek asked. "Derek." Adele sighed. "I'm serious." Derek stopped walking and turned to Adele.

"I know, but what was a supposed to do, whether we can explain it or not, I am an alpha. I have more control over Boyd, and I will use it in order to save lives." Adele explained to her boyfriend.

"Just try to be more careful, we can't have Deucalion finding out." Derek begged.

"I will, now come on, you've been waiting to see your sister for too long." Adele kissed Derek quickly before pulling in back onto the trail.

__

Scott, Derek, and Adele all ran to meet Isaac, as he had found Cora. Scott as on human duty, while Isaac, Derek and Adele chased down the raging betas.