ix.

EDITED

Adele balanced on her right leg, leaning on Isaac as he held her weight with his arms around her waist. "I've got to meet with the medical examiner and try and figure out what happened to Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles." the Sheriff stood in the locker room with the teenagers. "His jeep is still in the parking lot, that means-well I don't-I don't know what that means. I-" the Sheriff struggled with the idea of his missing son. "Look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails if either one of you see him-" the Sheriff tried again. "We'll call you." Isaac promised softly, feeling bad for the father. "Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention from the game or something." Scott tried to comfort the Sheriff. "We'll find him." Scott then promised the Sheriff, and himself. "Yeah, I'll see you, okay?" the Sheriff sighed before leaving the group.

"Is that everyone?" Scott looked around to make sure the locker room was cleared out. "I think so." Isaac looked around and didn't see anyone. Adele was extremely worried about Stiles but she knew he was going to be okay as long as they found Gerard. Adele looked at Scott slightly amused as he ripped the door off of Stiles' locker. "You're going to find him by scent?" Isaac questioned as Scott pulled out items that had Stiles' scent. "Yeah, we both are." Scott handed a shoe to Isaac, who looked disgusted. "How come you get a shirt and I get a shoe?" Isaac whined as footsteps approached the three.

"We need to talk." Derek gained the attention of the three teenagers. "All of us." Peter Hale appeared behind Derek, smirking at Scott. "Holy shi-" Scott stopped himself from cursing as he looked at the man that turned him. "What the hell is this?" Adele glanced between the two Hales, giving them both a glare. "You know, I thought the same thing when I saw Scott talking to Gerard at the Sheriff's station." Derek looked at Adele and then at Scott again. "Okay, hold on. He threatened to kill my mom. And I had to get close to him, what was I supposed to do?" Scott defended himself, looking over at Adele alarmed. "I'm going to go with Scott on this one, have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous." Peter smirked at the group, loving to push buttons. "Shut up!" Scott, Derek, and Adele all glared at the resurrected werewolf.

"Who's he?" Isaac whispered in Adele's ear, very confused. "He's Peter, Derek's psychotic uncle, he used Derek to bring himself back from the dead after Derek slashed his throat because he tried to kill everyone." Adele informed the beta, not taking her eyes off the Hale. "Hi." Peter mocked as he waved at the beta. "That's good to know." Isaac gave the man a tight-lipped smile. "Wait how is he alive?" Scott registered Adele's previous words. "Look, the short version is he knows how to stop Jackson." Derek's words hurt Adele as she remembered her brother's bloody body on the field. "And maybe how to save him." Derek looked at the blonde, confused by her body language. "Well, that's very helpful, except my brother's dead." Adele finally looked up at the werewolves. "What?" Derek lifted his eyebrow in concern and confusion. "It just happened on the field." Scott confirmed the information, and Peter let out a loud sigh.

"Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?" Isaac's words pissed off Adele, the blonde stabbing him in the foot with her crutch. "Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen. Gerard wanted it to happen." Peter revealed as Isaac groaned from Adele's infliction. "But why?" Derek looked at his uncle for answers. "Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out." Peter walked closer to the group. "And something tells me the window of opportunity is closing, quickly." Peter added, encouraging quick action.

"Oh, good, they found Stiles." Scott informed as the group entered the Hale house. Adele was on Isaac's back as Peter complained about her presence being a liability. "Look, I told you I looked everywhere." Derek argued with his uncle about the family beastiary. "You didn't look here." Peter leaned down and removed a panel from the steps. "What is that? A book?" Derek looked confused as Peter blew the dust off a suitcase. "No, it's a laptop. What century are you living in?" Peter answered with heavy sarcasm. "Can someone please kill him again?" Adele hoped, fed up with the man's attitude and disregard for anyone but himself.