iii.

EDITED

Adele was walking down the hallways of Beacon High, heading towards her English class, when she was suddenly pulled into another room. The girl went to scream, only for a large hand to cover her mouth. "It's just me, Elle." Isaac whispered, slowly removing his hand. Adele smacked Isaac in the chest harshly. "You can't do that to someone." she glared at the beta.

"Especially here, what if I actually screamed?" she continued to scold him. "Well, it would be suspicious, but it's not going to get me arrested or anything." he shrugged with a knowing look, but Adele kept going. "Are you forgetting that your-wait what?" Adele stopped her rant as she registered what he said. "I'm cleared." Isaac had a smug look on his face. "How the hell did you pull that off?" Adele looked at the beta suspiciously. "Your brother may have helped." Isaac acted as if the situation wasn't important.

"My brother, help, willingly,?" Adele furrowed her eyebrows. "I never said willingly." Isaac spoke hesitantly, waiting for her reaction. "You threatened my brother?" Adele uncrossed her arms, smacking the boy in the chest again. "I'm starting to believe this friendship is abusive." Isaac gave a playful glare. "Oh, shut up, if anything's abusive it's your pack's mentality." Adele brushed off his comment.

"I have a class to get to. Are you coming with me or are you too cool for me now?" Adele headed towards the classroom door as the warning bell rang. "I'm never too cool for you." Isaac acted offended. "You're a dick." the girl rolled her eyes as she pulled him out the door.

"Hey, Lydia. Are we still going shopping tonight?" Adele she stopped the girl from walking away with Jackson, Stiles, and Allison. "Lydia can't make it tonight." Jackson continued to push Lydia forward. "Wait, hold on." Lydia protested her ex-boyfriend. "Lydia, shut up and walk." Jackson ignored the protests of the redhead. "Allison?" Adele looked at the brunette for some insight. "Check your phone and come on." Allison gave a small smile, grabbing the female Whittemore's arm.

"If we're studying at Scott's house, then where's Scott?" Lydia gave the group attitude as they arrived outside the McCall house. "Meeting us here." Stiles assured as he looked around frantically. "I think. I hope." he reassured himself quietly, but the group still heard. "Thanks for doing this." Allison whispered to Jackson, who simply shrugged her off. "I needed to talk to her anyway." He told her as they ascend the stairs.

Once everyone was in the house Stiles quickly locked every lock on the McCall door, causing the boy to get a look from both Adele and Lydia. "Uh, there's been a few break-ins around the neighborhood." Stiles impulsively grabbed a chair and set it under the doorknob. Lydia once again looked at the spaz for an explanation. "And a murder." everyone looked at him alarmed. "Yeah, it was bad." he kept lying to the redhead.

"Lydia, follow me." Jackson shook his head at Stiles, nodding towards the stairs. "I need to talk to you for a minute." he explained himself. "Seriously?" she sighed out in annoyance. "What is going on with everyone?" she scoffed as she followed Jackson up the stairs. "A murder?" Adele looked at Stiles slightly amused.

It was dark now, and Adele stood at the window glancing outside at Derek and his pack. "What are you doing?" Stiles' words caused Adele to move her attention over to Allison. "I think-I think I have to call my dad." the girl tried to stop herself from crying. "But if he finds you here, you and Scott-" Stiles started, only to get cut off. "I know." she ignored his protest. "What are we supposed to do?" Allison looked to the teenagers for a better idea. "They're not here to scare us." Allison's words made Adele grimace.

Adele loved Isaac and she didn't believe he was capable of murder. The idea of him helping Derek kill Lydia scared her. "They're-they're here to kill Lydia." Allison stressed out. "Isaac won't." Adele tried to defend her friend, hoping she was right. "Isaac isn't the same as he was before, Addie." Stiles argued with the blonde. "This is our new reality, isn't it?" Adele's mood darkened as she took in the situation. "I can't deal with this." she shook her head, walking into the kitchen.