ii.

Adele pulled back up to the Hale home, looking at the extra car in her driveway confused. "Uncle Isaac!" Eli sprinted out of the car, the older werewolf standing in the doorway of the Hale home. Adele shook her head at the teenager, still upset that he was hiding things from her. However, she couldn't stop a small smile from forming on her face at the sight of Isaac Lahey and his damn scarf. "What are you doing here?" Adele approached the werewolf after she got out of the car. "Derek called, he got worried when you didn't come back on time." Isaac embraced the blonde as she entered the house. "I think he forgets that I can take care of myself sometimes." Adele rolled her eyes as she closed the door. "He gets worried, I would too if I was still living in this horrid town." Isaac motioned to the atmosphere around him. "Hey, don't hate." Adele scolded the werewolf playfully.

"Uncle Isaac, you said you would come play with me!" Maggie came running out of her room after waiting patiently for the werewolf that never showed. "Mags, where is your dad?" Adele realized one more person was missing. "I don't know." Maggie shrugged before grabbing at Isaac's hand. "He went to the school awhile to see if you were there and apparently he's going to try and get Coach to let Eli play." Isaac called out as he was guided away from the blonde. "That's scary." Adele responded with an amused hum.

"Dad's talking to Coach?" Eli heard the conversation, coming out of his room wide-eyed. "I'm sure everything is fine, get your stuff and get ready. After this game, you're grounded." Adele told her son seriously. "You're kidding, right? You've never grounded me." Eli looked at his mom in disbelief, prepared to go out with friends later. "I am not kidding, grand theft auto, withholding information from your parents, and sneaking out are new qualifiers. Welcome to being grounded." Adele smiled sarcastically at her son. "You are so not cool anymore." Eli huffed as he went back to getting ready for his game. Adele scoffed at her son's words, 'she wasn't cool anymore', like hell she wasn't.

The game had started off great and Derek did manage to get Coach to put Eli in the game, however, the Hale didn't last long. Adele followed Derek into the locker room, Eli complaining as his dad carried him in his arms. "Dad put me down!" Eli groaned as Adele felt her phone excessively buzzing in her pocket. "Mom, please tell him to put me down." Eli begged his mother, who had pulled out her phone to see a missed call from Scott. "You said you couldn't walk." Adele shrugged, actually quite amused with how Derek had handled the injury. "I can hop." Eli pleaded with his parents and Adele nodded for Derek to put the boy down. Derek rolled his eyes but put the boy back on his feet anyways. Eli hopped over to one of the bunches, huffing and groaning at the pain in his ankle.

"You almost had that shot." Derek walked over to his son as Adele's phone buzzed again. Seeing that Derek had their son handled, she stepped back a couple of feet and answered her phone. "Hey Scott, what's wrong?" Adele answered her phone. "Oh thank God you answered, is Derek with you?" Scott sounded rushed and in a panic. "Yeah, we're at Eli's game, why?" Adele furrowed her eyebrows. "Allison's back, I don't have time to explain how or why but she's after Derek!" Scott quickly warned the blonde. "Derek, why would she be after Derek?" Adele made her way back toward her husband and son. "She still thinks he's the alpha, she doesn't have all of her memories." Scott answered, but Adele's attention was pulled away at the sound of a bowstring being pulled. "Derek!" Adele yelled out in warning, but Derek had heard it too.

"Down!" Derek pushed Eli out of the way, Allison's arrow impaling the locker behind the two Hales. "Eli, run! Run!" Derek pushed the teenager into his mother's arms, another arrow flying toward them. "Eli, run. Go get Scott!" Adele pushed her son out the doors, turning to go back to her husband. Adele reached the locker room door just in time to see one of Allison's arrows slice Derek's neck. "Derek!" Adele immediately crouched down next to the injured werewolf. Derek tried to push his wife away and tell her to go, but all his body could do was choke on the air as he was bleeding out. Adele tried to help Derek up, but Allison kept stalking toward the pair.