xi.

EDITED

"You know I'm starting to not like this idea." Adele spoke up as she gathered her things for school. "Does sound kind of dangerous." Isaac agreed nervously with his best friend. "You know what I definitely don't like this idea." Isaac then declared as he paced in front of the loft windows. "And I definitely don't like him." Adele looked at Derek concerned. "You'll be fine, he'll be fine." Derek told the pair as he handed Adele her car keys. "Does it have to be him?" Adele whined, not wanting Peter anywhere near Isaac. "He knows how to do it, I don't. It'd be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself." Derek defended as he moved back to the files he was looking through. "You know Scott doesn't trust him, right?" Isaac tried to justify backing out. "You know, personally, well I'd trust Scott." Isaac added as Adele headed to the door. "Do you trust me?" Derek questioned his beta annoyed. "Yeah. I still don't like him." Isaac sighed in defeat. "Nobody likes him." Adele opened the door to reveal the older Hale. "Hello, sweetheart." Peter smirked at the blonde. Adele scoffed, shoving past the man. "Boys." Peter greeted as he watched Adele walk down the hall to the elevator.

"I don't see anything." Derek spoke annoyed as the group stood in an empty classroom. "Look again." Scott pushed, believing Lydia and Allison were onto something. "How is a bruise going to tell me where Boyd and Erica are?" Derek looked over at Scott annoyed and slightly pissed off. "It's the same on both sides." Scott pointed out the unordinary bruising. "Exactly the same." Scott emphasized while Derek and Allison glared at each other. "It's nothing." Derek stared the Argent in the eyes. "Pareidolia. Seeing patterns that aren't there." Lydia proposed an explanation, Adele looking at her impressed. "It's a subset of apophenia." Lydia continued, only to further annoy Derek. "They're trying to help." Adele sighed, placing her hand on his arm.

"These two?" Derek looked at the banshee and hunter. "This one, who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle." Derek pointed to Lydia. "Thank you." Derek added with snark and a fake smile. "And this one, who shot about 30 arrows into me and my pack." Derek deadpanned looking at Allison, causing Adele to sigh in defeat. "Okay, all right, now, come on. No one died, alright? Look, there may have been a little maiming, okay, a little mangling, but no death. That's what I call an important distinction." Stiles interrupted to try and ease the tension. "My mother died." Allison argued with Stile while staring at Derek angrily. "Your family's little honor code killed your mother, not me." Derek looked back at the hunter just as bitterly. "Okay, let's not start a fight." Adele grabbed Derek's hand and pulled him away from Allison.

"That girl is looking for Scott. I'm here to help him, not you." Allison and Derek kept the eyes contact. "You want to help? Find something real." Derek broke the staring contact. Derek released Adele's hand and began to walk towards the exit. "Give her a chance, okay? They are on our side now." Scott followed Derek, trying to stop him from leaving. "Well, then, maybe you should tell her what her mother was actually trying to do that night or who actually shot Adele at the police station." Derek snapped at Scott before exiting the building. Scott sighed, turning around to look at Adele for help. "He's right and I told you it wasn't going to end well." Adele pursed her lips and shrugged as the bell rang.

Adele jumped as Coach Finstock slammed a book on his desk. "The stock market is based on two principles. What are they?" the Coach began class, Adele and Scott both raising their hands to answer. "Yes McCall, you can go to the bathroom. Whittemore." Coach brushed off Scott's hand. "Uh, no, coach. I think he knows the answer." Adele laughed at the disappointment on Scott's face. Coach began hysterically laughing, before he sobered up seconds later. "Oh, you're serious." Coach looked at Scott in disbelief. "Ye-Yeah, it's risk and reward." Scott answered correctly causing the class to look at him with the same expression. "Wow!" Finstock stared in amazement at the teen wolf. "Who are you? And what have you done to McCall?" Coach freaked out, causing Scott to laugh. "Don't answered that, I like you better." Coach quickly retracted his question. "I like you better." he then whispered pointing at Scott happily.