xx.

Adele was wondering around the Loft getting ready for her day when she received a text from Aiden.

'Loft still have power?' the text read.

'Yes?' Adele responded to her new beta with confusion.

Her phone lacked any other notifications as she finished getting ready.

"Derek!" Adele yelled as she came down the staircase.

"Yeah, Addie?" Derek questioned from the living room.

"How long are we going to be out?" she questioned, worried about the twin beta's odd question.

"We'll be back by tonight, why?" Derek answered his girlfriend.

"Just wondering." she shrugged as she slipped on her shoes and leather jacket, before heading to the door.

____

Adele and Derek pulled back into the loft parking lot and Derek exited first.

Adele had looked away from her phone to see Derek looking into the window alerted. Adele got out wearily, only to let out a breathy laugh as Derek whipped around to see 3 small children.

"Trick or treat!" the kids yelled holding out there bags.

Derek simply stared at the children, causing Adele to roll her eyes and pull out the candy bag sitting behind Derek on the driver's seat.

Adele grinned as she placed the bag into Derek's awaiting hands, only for the Hale to grimly hand each child a piece of candy.

Adele went to compliment the man for being civil when he suddenly growled and flashed his bright blue eyes at the children.

"Derek!" Adele shrieked, trying to hide her amusement.

"What?" Derek smirked at his girlfriend.

"You're such an ass." Adele shook her head before a sudden chill surrounded her body.

"Uh, Der." Adele suddenly grabbed the Hale's hand as the pair turned to see the Oni surrounding them.

___

A ground-shaking roar pulled Adele back into consciousness.

The blonde groaned as she rubbed the sore spot behind her ear, only to feel a scar.

"Uh, what the hell?" Adele questioned as Derek helped her up.

"We need to go." Derek informed, pulling Adele up towards the building.

"Should I be calling Isaac, or Scott?" Adele questioned as the pair rushed into the building.

"There's no need. They're already here." Derek scowled as he pulled open the Loft doors to reveal a black light party.

"They had a party, and didn't invite me?" Adele gasped as she looked around in awe.

"That's what you care about?" Derek scoffed as he pulled Adele through the teenagers and towards the DJ in the center of the room.