x.

"Mom!" Maggie ran into the scene too, letting go of Jackson's hand. "Hey, baby girl." Adele held onto the girl tightly. "Come on, come on." Eli pulled harshly at the ropes around his father's arms. "Okay, stop, stop. The only way we can break the bonds is with our strengths combined. You and me. Derek encouraged his son. "What strength? I don't have any strength." Eli immediately argued. "You will as a wolf, we'll do it together." Derek urged his son as Adele handed Maggie off the Isaac in order to approach the other Hales. "You're my son, you're a Hale." Derek let out a roar, his eyes glowing blue. "And you are a werewolf." Derek growled out, Eli's eyes glowing gold.

The two Hales let out a roar together, breaking the restraints. Derek laughed in relief as he broke free, before immediately instructing his son to help the others. Both Hales ripped the restraints off the other captives and Parrish equipped everyone else with silver. Melissa protected Maggie as Derek protected Eli and Adele took down an Oni of her own. The Nogitsune appeared again at the entrance, weak and on his knees. "No," he growled out in defeat as he was left with no soldiers. "Do you remember, Scott, the gift that you gave me? The bite of the alpha, the power of the werewolf?" the Nogitsune growled as he stood up again and ripped off his bandages with a growl.

The group looked disgusted as the man's skin had healed but left his features mangled. Scott roared back, the Hale parents joining him. Adele took off running with Scott and Derek, only to be dropped in to an empty karate room. "Derek." Adele looked around her worried. "It's not real." Derek heard the voice of his wife. "Derek." Adele realized that she could hear Derek. "Dele. Dele, can you hear me?" Derek called out as he too looked around his empty room. "Yeah, I can hear you." Adele sighed in relief. "Scott! Where's Scott?" Adele worried for the alpha when suddenly an image blurred in front of her. Adele ducked as she jumped away from the Nogitsune's attack. The monster kept jumping at her, but it almost looked like an illusion.

"Harris had his chance, now it's my turn. My revenge. I'm going to kill them all, starting with this woman right here." the Nogitsune growled as he took a swing as Adele. The blonde ducked quickly but blood spattered the walls as he scratched her cheek. "You want to kill someone, start with me!" Derek objected as he yelled out to the Nogitsune. The Nogitsune obliged, attacking Derek and then moving onto Scott again. "We can't fight him alone, he's too strong." Scott called out to the couple. "We have to break the allusion, we have to catch him!" Scott instructed the werewolves. "You can't catch me! You can't kill me! You can't even find me!" the Nogitsune boasted. "You're right, we can't find you, but we can find each other." Scott answered the Nogitsune. "A wolf howls to signal it's pack." Derek realized where Scott was going.

"What about a werewolf?" Adele smirked as she joked with the two men. "A werewolf roars." Scott answered back as the three wolves all released roars within seconds of each other. The Nogitsune goes to attack Adele again, but Derek catches his claw, Scott sending a punch through its jaw seconds later. The Nogitsune grunts in pain as each werewolf sends another punch it's way. The fours supernaturals fall back into the forest, landing on the Nematon. The Nogitsune flings Adele off the stump as he prevents her next attack. The girl's back slams into the ground and she lets out a groan. Derek and Scott continue fighting him and Parrish jumps up onto the Nematon.

"Hold him, you got to hold him!" Scott and Derek struggle to keep the Nogitsune in their arms. "You can't, you'll both burn up with him!" Parrish argued as he remained transformed. The Nogitsune laughed at the situation, knowing very well this would happen. Adele looked into her husband's eyes, being him to let go. "Scott." Derek ripped his eyes from Adele's. "What?" Scott looked at the transformed Hale. "You're the alpha, he's part of your pack now." Derek spoke before shoving Scott off the platform.

"No!" Adele screamed as her brain registered her husband's words. Scott hit the ground and the Nogitsune let out one last roar before Parrish lit it on fire. Adele watched in horror as Derek was consumed by flames. Adele gasped as her own eyes transformed, a searing pain ripping through her body. "Dad." Eli whispered in horror as well as he watched the death of his father. Adele looked down in pain, looking back up again only for her eyes to shine gold once more as she released a painful roar. The pain in Adele's body lessened as the fire burned out and only Parrish was left on the Nematon.

A sob left Adele as she looked at the spot where her husband turned to ashes. The scene quickly transformed back to the lacrosse field, but Adele's eyes gaze remained on that same spot. "Addie." Isaac finally spoke up, reluctantly letting go of Maggie's hand and passing her off to Melissa. The twelve year old has tears rolling down her cheeks as her mind tried to wrap around the scene she just witnessed. Adele finally blinked, looking away from the turf and into Isaac's eyes. "Addie, I'm sorry." Isaac starred at the blonde with his own tear in his eyes. Scott looked over at the grieving wife and then her son. The group surrounded the two, Scott clasping his hand on Eli's shoulder. Adele looked over at her son, motioning him into her arms. Eli clung to his mom, Maggie breaking his hand free from Melissa's. Adele Hale clutched onto her two children and they mourned Derek Hale together.

Adele stood with Maggie against her legs, her head on Isaac's shoulder as Scott placed the ribbon around the tree. Eli was standing against the wall, adjacent from his mother and her best friend. "The first night I met Derek Hale-he saved my life. And then he said we were brother, I thought he was crazy." Scott spoke, a small smile appearing on Adele's face at the memory. "But, no, no he was right. From that moment on we were brothers." Scott looked from Adele to Eli, the teenager holding his own tears in. "And-uh-Derek Hale was the person to teach me you don't just get the family you were born with, you get the family that you find." Scott spoke as Eli made his way out of the living room. Isaac gave Adele a squeeze before taking a step toward the hallway. The blonde grabbed Isaac's arm, causing the werewolf to look at her worried. Adele pulled a set of keys out of her pocket, placing them into Isaac's open palm and closing it. Isaac looked at the blonde shocked, but walked over to Eli with the keys.

"You know I'm not sure what you're dad would say about me giving you this Jeep." Isaac leaned against the wall of the hallway, dangling the key from his middle finger. "But something tells me it was something he and your mom were ready to do." Isaac jingled the keys a bit when Eli didn't take them. "He hated that Jeep." Eli looked at the pair of keys, gently grabbing them from Isaac. "You're mom loved that Jeep." Isaac countered the teenager's words as the Sheriff walked over as well. 

"After my son left it behind, Derek towed it in thinking it was beyond repair. But then he opened up the hood, pulled all the duck tape Stiles had stuck on it, and he managed to fix it. That Jeep, no matter what's been done to it, it just keeps running. He could never figure out why it wouldn't break down and stay down." the Sheriff informed Eli, putting a small smile on his face. "And I don't think he ever realized that that's exactly the way we saw him. I've never seen anyone take the kind of punishment that Derek Hale took, and kept taking in order to protect them people he loved. He kept going, he kept standing back up, until the day he couldn't." the Sheriff set his hand on Eli's shoulder.

"You're had had mixed feelings about that Jeep, but it doesn't mean it's got to be complicated for you. All you have to do is keep it running, keep it going." the Sheriff removed his hand with a pat on the shoulder. 

Yeah, I cried writing this too :(