Just Another Day

I could tell that I was sore as soon as I opened my eyes. My wrists were sore, my ankles were sore, and the spot between my legs was sore. Happens each and every time. I've gotten used to it.

I look down and see that Kai has slowly fallen off of me and onto his pillow. That just makes it easier for me to get food.

I push the small part of him that is still laying on me back, so I can get up. When I finally reach the door knob, I look back, surprised that Kai hasn't pinned me against the door. It's what he's done these last few times.

I tiptoe as quiet as I can to the kitchen. I'm not that hungry, so I just put bread in the toaster. I open the fridge and pull out the new bag of grapes we got.

Green grapes.

My favorite.

I take some off of the stems and put them in a bowl, turning the sink water on and running the bowl under it. As soon as I place the bowl down, the toast pops up. I grab a paper towel to put it on, and I make my way towards the table. I see a bottle of water already on the table.

"Morning, Kai." I state before I feel hands snake around my waist. I hear him let out a humph.

"How'd you know?" He asks almost in disappointment.

"The water bottle wasn't there before, and you always get me a drink when I'm eating." I explain as I pull the chair out to sit in it. Kai stands for a moment before sitting next to me.

"Oh." He mumbles.

I pop a grape in my mouth. "It's not your fault you're bad at surprises." I say, raising my hands to make air quotes when I said surprises.

It's not that he's gotten bad so much as I've just gotten to know him better. I will be his wife after all. Kai reaches over and grabs my toast, taking a huge bite out of it. I will break his hand off if he touches my food again.

"You sure you want to give me an attitude after what happened last night?" Kai asks.

I'm testing my limits here. Fuck it.

"What happened last night?" I ask, pretending to act clueless. Kai's eyebrows furrow.

Holy shit, he believes me.

"All I know about last night was that it was the most boring night I have ever experienced." I say sarcastically, hoping Kai will catch on with the joke now. He does. I know because his eyes are impaling mine. I take a small bite of my toast.

"So, do you want to watch a movie with me?" I ask, changing the subject. I go to stand up, but Kai grips my wrist, standing up as well. He moves his body right next to mine so that I can feel the heat of his chest against mine. He leans his face down, brushing his lips against my jaw before I feel them at my ear.

"Don't start something you can't finish, princess." He whispers. He lets go of my wrist and takes my plate, heading towards the kitchen. I follow him and stand directly in front of him, blocking his actions. I grab his forearms so that he stops what he's doing.

"I never start something I can't finish. If I don't finish something, it's usually because you don't give me the opportunity to. That one's on you." I state, heading towards the living room.

I'm stopped right by the kitchen wall. Kai has me pinned. His arms are on either side of my head, and I can feel his leg slowly start to come between mine to separate them. I start to look towards the side so that I can avoid his eyes, but Kai's hand finds its way around my neck. His grip is tight, but it makes me face him.