I'm Feeling Nothing

KAI'S POV

I fell back on the floor and sat there for hours. This couldn't be real. I had to be dreaming.

I need to be dreaming.

It was slowly starting to become light outside, indicating that I needed to gain my courage and tell everyone what happened.

I took a deep breath before standing. I placed Elle's ring on the nightstand.

Just thinking about what happened made me feel dreadful. I hesitantly walked towards the door.

I hated that I would have to relive what happened just so everyone else could get a point of view on it. We all needed to help find Elle, though. I have a small feeling about where she is, but I don't want to jinx it.

I slowly open the door and close it behind me once I'm out of the room. I heard noises downstairs earlier, so I know someone is up. I rub my eyes as I walk downstairs. I assumed Damon was up because he always is. I'm about to enter the kitchen when I hear a noise.

"Stop! What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I hear Jeremy's voice ask. I enter the kitchen immediately, my instincts wanting to help Jeremy from whatever trouble he's in. My mouth drops open when I see what's happening.

Elle has her left arm wrapped near Jeremy's neck, closer to his collarbone. Her right arm has a large hunting knife directed right at Jeremy's neck. She turns herself and Jeremy around when she hears me enter. Her face goes into a huge smile when she sees me.

"Well, if it isn't Mr. Parker! I just came here to grab a few things, but little Gilbert here got in my way. He's such a pain in the ass, isn't he?" Elle asks with a smirk.

"Elle. Let him go." I say slowly. I can see Jeremy struggling under her grip on him.

"You really think that I'm just going to let him go?" She asks with a laugh. "It's not that easy."

As she finishes her sentence, she quickly snaps Jeremy's neck, making him fall to the floor.

"No!" I yell. Before I can even take a step towards Jeremy, Elle has her hand locked on my jaw, making me keep eye contact with her. Her eyes look dark as she taps her finger against my jaw.

"You tell anyone I was here, and I will do much worse than break someone's neck." She warns. She lets go of my jaw, giving me a small wave of her fingers before she disappears. I run to Jeremy, falling on the floor. He's limp and lifeless. I look down at his hand.

He has the Gilbert ring on. He'll wake up in a little bit. I shuffle back, letting my back hit the fridge. I move my knees up, letting them rest against my chest. I wrap my arms around my legs and let my head fall down.

What am I going to do?

I sat leaning back against the fridge for a few minutes. Jeremy is still laying next to me with a broken neck. My head automatically lifts up as I hear the kitchen door opens. Everyone stands half-in and half-out of the kitchen. Elena pushes past everyone.

"Oh my God, Jeremy!" She yells, running to Jeremy.

"He has the Gilbert ring on, he'll wake up in a few minutes." I speak up. Elena looks at me.

"I swear to God, if you did this-" She doesn't finish her sentence. My eyes widen.

"You think I did that to him? Really? What the hell is wrong with you?" I ask. Everyone is looking at me in confusion, expecting an answer as to why Jeremy is dead and why I'm just sitting here.

"What happened, Kai?" Bonnie asks reluctantly. I stand up and walk closer to her as Elena stays by Jeremy's side.

"You were right, Bon Bon. Elle basically has no humanity. I walked in the kitchen because I thought Damon was up, but Elle was holding a knife against Jeremy's throat, threatening to kill him. She said if I told anyone about this, she would kill one of us. Granted, I'm sure she knew no one would need an explanation. She ran off before I could say anything. I don't know where she is." I explain. I hear a grunt and turn around. Jeremy is sitting up with his hand rubbing the back of his neck.